Motherboard or graphics card?

ilya124

Hey guys. i have a really annoying problem. I have pink and green dots all over my screen. I installed fresh nvidia drivers for my 9400gt. But i don't think its the graphics card because i put in the 9400 like a year ago. I still had this problem before with my nvidia 8 series. The dots usually don't cover the whole screen and go away in a few minutes. But today they don't go away and are all over the place. PLEASE HELP!

I wanted to post up a pic so i took a screenshot but when the dots went away shortly, so did the ones on the screen shot! WTF

did you try to hook it up to another monitor? try that, and if the problem persists, take out your 9400 (if you have integrated graphics) and see what that does.

also, i looked around online, and it sounds like you have an overheating problem. open up your computer and clean the dust off the fans and everything (i suggest using can of air). after that, try leaving the computer open and put a fan on it to keep it cool. let me know how it goes

Last edited:

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
I wanted to post up a pic so i took a screenshot but when the dots went away shortly, so did the ones on the screen shot! WTF

By this I can conclude that your monitor is the ONLY problem.The dots CANNOT disappear from the image file (your screenshot) just like that by themselves.The dots that disappeared are the dots that are caused by your monitor and it is completely logical that once they disappear,that they will also disappear from the screenshot you took lol.

Anyway try other monitor and let us know how it went.

Cheers forum members!...and especially one member I am not gonna say her name ^^

ilya124

i disconnected the monitor and the green dots werent there, so its not the monitor. I deleted the drivers and did a clean install of nvidia drivers. So far so good. and i opened up the computer and it was dusty as hell. Ill vacuum it out later because i don't have time now. But hopefully the drivers fixed the problem.

i disconnected the monitor and the green dots werent there, so its not the monitor. I deleted the drivers and did a clean install of nvidia drivers. So far so good. and i opened up the computer and it was dusty as hell. Ill vacuum it out later because i don't have time now. But hopefully the drivers fixed the problem.

it's the dust. you must clean ze dust! trust me it will fix the problem.

ilya124

it's the dust. you must clean ze dust! trust me it will fix the problem.

Ok, well i cleaned out all of the dust and the problem is still here! GRRRRR, this is pissing me off so f**ing much. I have no idea what to do now, what about you guys?

Dystopia

Disconnecting the monitor on its own really won't do anything. If you disconnect the monitor, of course the green dots won't be there, there is no power to it. You need to hook up a different monitor. Or, if you don't have that, hook it up to a different computer (any computer that you can hook it up to will work).

If that does not work, try a different video card.

Your motherboard doesn't have anything to do with the video anymore, the if PCIe x16 is broken, then it is broken, it wouldn't spaz out.