Motherboards Dead?

Marcuz

I have a Dell 8400 Dimension. I took a motherboard out of my PC, then I did put it in a new case, but it did not fit, so I did put it back where it was. Then, I turned my PC on and there was a Dell loading, but it stopped loading and then, it popped up saying Dell BIOS failed and try to contact with Dell Technical Support. I only take a part out is hard drive, memory card, video card, and power supply. So, what did I do wrong? Please, help me to fix this problem. Thank you.

Marcuz

Ummm, I see that more than 30 view on this page that I asked the question, please help and answer my question.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Sounds like your bios went bad. I'm guessing you cannot access the bios? There's really nothing you can do with a board without a working bios.

Marcuz

I guess I need a new motherboard. I am looking for a good motherboard. I have these parts Pentium 4 HT 3Ghz, 1GB ram DDR 2X4, and Western Digital 200GB 7200 RPM HD SATA. (Link here newegg only)

SirKenin

banned
There's a reset jumper on the motherboard. Set it to clear and take the battery out for five minutes. After, put the jumper back to the original setting, replace the battery and try starting it back up again. Reset the BIOS to default, save and exit and it should be ok after that....We hope.

Vizy

There's a reset jumper on the motherboard. Set it to clear and take the battery out for five minutes. After, put the jumper back to the original setting, replace the battery and try starting it back up again. Reset the BIOS to default, save and exit and it should be ok after that....We hope.

To add on to what SirK said. You mught enter a 'checksum error'. No problem. Just continure.