mskagent.exe???

Scrilla

i have about 2,000 of these under my processes..i try to end the process and it says access denied...the only way i can get rid of them is to restart my computer but they slowly come back...is this some kind of virus?

TFT

VIP Member
Well it should be Macafee's spam blocking. If you have Macafee anti virus and it resides in this folder ...
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSK\MskAgent.exe
then it's valid.
If it is located in c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 folder then it could well be a virus.

The registry would give the command to run it and the startup entry is started automatically from a Run, RunOnce, RunServices, or RunServicesOnce entry in the registry.

Last edited:

Scrilla

Well it should be Macafee's spam blocking. If you have Macafee anti virus and it resides in this folder ...
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSK\MskAgent.exe
then it's valid.
If it is located in c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 folder then it could well be a virus.

The registry would give the command to run it and the startup entry is started automatically from a Run, RunOnce, RunServices, or RunServicesOnce entry in the registry.

ok so i looked under the program files and its there....didnt see any in system32 folder or windows...How come so many of these are popping up tho...ive had the computer for about 3 months now and this just recently started happening

DeskAssist

ok so i looked under the program files and its there....didnt see any in system32 folder or windows...How come so many of these are popping up tho...ive had the computer for about 3 months now and this just recently started happening

what is the exact location that MskAgent.exe is running from?

Try temporarily disabling McAfee Spam filtering and see if they all go away or stay in your system processes.

Also is the computer running unusualy slow because of this? Steve

Scrilla

what is the exact location that MskAgent.exe is running from?

Try temporarily disabling McAfee Spam filtering and see if they all go away or stay in your system processes.

Also is the computer running unusualy slow because of this? Steve

how do i check where its running from?..i did disable the spam filter before and they were still there...computer only starts to run a tad bit slower when theres a couple thousand of them