My ACER Aspirer 5670 Blank Screen problem

snapfrog

Hi Guys,
Please help me..the details are:

What happened?
While i was watching the movie (using batteries), suddenly the power turn off and i'm tryin to restarted back several time but the screen was blank.(even i plugged my power adapter)

What i see?
When i press started button, the started button led was on, cd rom is functioning and HD fan was running for a while (a few second then it stop). The screen is still blank.

what i do?
1.I'm trying to adjust screen brightness but nothing happened.

snapfrog

i have plugged with the external CRT monitor and try Fn + 5(switching mode) but the problem still occured..is it monitor or motherboard?

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Well if you get nothing on an external monitor, I feel pretty safe saying it's a bad motherboard. Let it sit overnight... I have seen some overheat and the just need a few hours to cool off. However, if it still doesn't work, it's probably a goner...

snapfrog

it have been 3 days off and then i try again...but ..yeah..still remain the same...hmm.motherboard huh..how sad.anyway thanks guy..:)

toddl1

It sounds like what a laptop does when it has a flat battery. When you plug it in is there any power getting through, is the charging light on while the AC adapter is plugged in? You could have a power problem.

fatdragon

It sounds like what a laptop does when it has a flat battery. When you plug it in is there any power getting through, is the charging light on while the AC adapter is plugged in? You could have a power problem.

he said everything works fine except his screen

hey Snap are still covered under warrenty? have you had a chance to contact Acer & see if there is anything they can do for you?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hairy_Lee

VIP Member
sounds like a definate mainboard problem to me, if you're under warranty go get it fixed, if not you'll get ripped for the cost of having it fixed and the over the top cost of the part to be fitted.