HARD DRIVE: 160GB NCQ SATA,7200 RPM
CD-R/RW: 48X CD-RW
DVD:16X DVD+/-RW,DIM,X
SOUND CARD: SB AUDIGY 2 ZS SC W/IEEE1394,7.1
TV TUNER W/ REMOTE,TVT3,MCE05,
9 IN 1 MEDIA CARD READER w/ Floppy

4YR LIMITED WARRANTY AT HOME and ACCIDENTAL CARE WARRANTY

How does that look?

Iss this a pretty good pc for mild-some gaming, but mainly web design (photoshop/dreamweaver/flash), watching DVD/TV and listening to music and the normal school work (MS WORD/EXCEL/POWERPOINT) and internet surfing?

How is the TV TUNER that I purchased through DELL? I dont know the name but maybe someone who has purchased this same one through dell could let me know.

bigsaucybob

nice but personally i would have downgraded to 1 gig of ram and upgraded the processor speed, but its still very very nice.

skidude

Yeah, but I personally don't like Dell. You thought ibuypower's customer/tech support was bad, and THAT took forever, just wait till you have to deal with Dell. A nightmare. Plus, Dell uses all proprietary parts, so upgrading just a single part will be very, very hard, if not impossible.

skidude

My friend tried to update his PCU on a dell, and the thing didn't fit in because Dell specially made their PSU's, so he and I had to saw off part of the case to get it to fit. That wasn't fun at all.

Filip

lokodezine said:
PROCESSIR: Pentium D830 (3.0GHZ),DCT
MEMORY: 2GB DDR2 SDRAM AT 533MHZ-4X512
VIDEO CARD: 256MB PCI-E NVIDIA GEFORCE 6800

if i only had something like that:(

bigsaucybob

yea that does sounds logical because i am a bit worried about messing around with my mobo and processor, they seem a bit fragile.

lokodezine

ibuypower is to skeptical... Dell is a more known company.

Their service so far is remarkable, especially online compared to IBUYPOWER.

I usually never upgrade. just buy new every 5 yrs or so.
If I want to upgrade I can go through Dell and have them do it , right?

Pride

Not a bad setup at all, whatsoever. I personally like my Dell XPS 5, and I'm sure you will also. Congrats on your new computer.

lokodezine

I did not upgrade the processor rather than the RAM because the next processr D 3.2 GHZ was 170 dollars more, while the RAM was only 70 more. I could have gotten a 3.4 GHZ Pentium 4 for I believe 85 more than the Pentium D 3.0 GHZ but I though Pentium D was so much better than a PEntium 4 HT?

Pride

Just all depends on the tasks your computer uses. I personally like the one large processor, compared to the dual proccesors. The one thing I really wanted, was alot of storage, so that's one reason I went with a 500 Gig harddrive. I also had to have a 256 mb video card, since I'm a big gamer.

lokodezine

yea I maybe should have gotten more storage than my 160 GB... I wonder if its to late to call them and ask to upgrade that part since on the status page it hasnt yet begun to be built. 250 GB would be enough.

But I mean should I have upgrade my processor to this:
I have this Pentium® D Processor 830 with Dual Core Technology (3GHz, 800FSB)
but for 79 dollars more I could have gotten
Pentium® 4 Processor 650 with HT Technology (3.40GHz, 800 FSB)

-- I just though the Pen. D was that much better still or am I wrong. I will be using this pc for mild gaming, but mainly for graphic design and multimedia (watching dvds, recordsing shows on tv, listening to music)

Pride

So the Pentium D is dual core technology, or actually is dual core? Overall, I don't think it will matter much, considering you willl be using it for multitasking, like me.

alanuofm

VIP Member
lokodezine said:

4YR LIMITED WARRANTY AT HOME and ACCIDENTAL CARE WARRANTY

How does that look?

Iss this a pretty good pc for mild-some gaming, but mainly web design (photoshop/dreamweaver/flash), watching DVD/TV and listening to music and the normal school work (MS WORD/EXCEL/POWERPOINT) and internet surfing?

How is the TV TUNER that I purchased through DELL? I dont know the name but maybe someone who has purchased this same one through dell could let me know.

not bad probably much better if you built your own. and they are probably ripping you with a geforce 6800. is that the regular, gt, or pro?

So the Pentium D is dual core technology, or actually is dual core? Overall, I don't think it will matter much, considering you willl be using it for multitasking, like me.

dual core technology does mean dual core. its however not dual processor.

yea that does sounds logical because i am a bit worried about messing around with my mobo and processor, they seem a bit fragile.

just make sure you discharge yourself of any static electricity and you should be safe to mess with the stuff in your computer if you know what you're doing.

lokodezine

you think its to late to call in and upgrade to 250 GB HD or you think thats not neccessary?

Also I beleive it is the regular video card not the gt

Pride

I believe you should have plenty of HD space, overall. However, I thought you could get the 7800GTX now, through Dell with their XPS series.

Out of curiousity, how would a person know exactly what video card they are using inside their tower, besides taking the panel off and viewing it with the human eye?

lokodezine

Out of curiousity, how would a person know exactly what video card they are using inside their tower, besides taking the panel off and viewing it with the human eye?"
-- what do you mean>>?

I can get the 7800 GTX, I already ordere dit with the 6800 though... you think it is worth it to get the 78000 GTX?

Also how did you get the GT version of the 6800 on your dell, I did not have that option.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
plus, Dell uses all proprietary parts
all?

my friend tried to update his pcu on a Dell, and the thing didn't fit in because Dell specially made their PSU's, so he and i had to saw off part of the case to get it to fit. that wasn't fun at all.
:rollseyes: even when he sawed off the case... it wouldnt work unless its electrically compatible...

so the Pentium d is dual core technology, or actually is dual core?
lets stay on topic here but yes the Pentiumd is a dualcore chip

not bad probably much better if you built your own. and they are probably ripping you with a GeForce 6800. is that the regular, gt, or pro?
thats the 6800NU

out of curiousity, how would a person know exactly what video card they are using inside their tower, besides taking the panel off and viewing it with the human eye?"
preemptively answered, QUESTIONS 101.