My dilemma

anil099

Ok so I need something to pass the time at work....I work 11 hours a day in retail ....most of the time it consists of sitting and waiting for customers....the mall has wifi but its slow

I have a laptop but you really can't do much...because of slow wifi slacker radio is laggy and its not really a good gaming laptop

I had a droid eris which i dropped and cracked the screen....sucked anyway

So I was all set on an ipod touch but its June and I heard they come out with a new one every september....so i dont want to get one now and feel trapped and if the new one is a lot better...

damnn,....what should I do...or rather what would you do?

at this point 11 hours a day is so boring that im just thinking of going to best buy and dropping some cash for the 32 gb model...as i heard the 8 gb model is just basically an ipod touch 2?

bkribbs

Ok so I need something to pass the time at work....I work 11 hours a day in retail ....most of the time it consists of sitting and waiting for customers....the mall has wifi but its slow

I have a laptop but you really can't do much...because of slow wifi slacker radio is laggy and its not really a good gaming laptop

I had a droid eris which i dropped and cracked the screen....sucked anyway

So I was all set on an ipod touch but its June and I heard they come out with a new one every september....so i dont want to get one now and feel trapped and if the new one is a lot better...

damnn,....what should I do...or rather what would you do?

at this point 11 hours a day is so boring that im just thinking of going to best buy and dropping some cash for the 32 gb model...as i heard the 8 gb model is just basically an ipod touch 2?

The 8gb model is exactly the same as the 2nd gen iPod touch. The main difference with the iPod Touch coming out in Sept. is that it has a camera, possibly wireless N, possibly more pixels, maybe better memory (RAM), and maybe better battery life? Just a guess, but thats about what the new iPhone got, so it will be similar. I have the 32 GB of the most recent gen, and I really like it. And in 2 days, when iOS4 comes out, I will like it better :D:D:D

I would avoid iPads out of preference, as they seem to be just to big.

Method9

If you have enough patience you can wait until September and then pick one up off Craigslist on the cheap(er) when everybody tries to unload their year-old model to go buy the new stuff.

FuryRosewood

or with how you work...maybe check ebay for a older used panasonic toughbook...a CF-t4 is a good choice...7-8 hours battery life, ten if you turn the radio off...easily, and its business rugged....alot more rugged than a silly ipad...

anil099

ok i just bought a 3rd gen 8 gb...or 2nd gen however u look at it

for $85

not bad...will use it and if the 4g is that much better that i have to get it then im sure i can resell this for $60-$70

thanks for ur help guys