My Gaming Build - Does Everything look good?

newtz

Hey guys, new here.
Was wondering if this was a good gaming setup for a new desktop computer i was going to get built for me. It's an AMD system and I'm going to be using it for internet, movies but mainly gaming (WoW, Starcraft II).

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 Quad Core 965 3.40 GHz 8MB cache AM3 - Black Edition
Motherboard: ASUS M4A88T-M-USB3 AMD Mainboard - 4x DDR3 / 6x SATA Raid / Gigabit LAN / Onboard VGA/DVI/HDMI / AM3
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm 32mb SATA 3gbs
Optical Drive: LG GH22NS50 SATA DVD Re-Writer (22x-Black)
Memory: Corsair DDR3 4GB PC-10600/1333 CMX4GX3M1A1333C9
Monitor: ACER 21.5" G225HQBD BLACK LCD - 5MS / WUXGA / 1920X1080 / D-SUB/ DVI
Case: Cooler Master Elite 370 - Black ATX Tower Case (500W PSU)
Graphics Card: ASUS ATI EAH5770CU2DI-1GD5 RADEON 5770, 1GB, DDR5, PCIE 2.0, DVI, HDCP, HDMI, DX11, ATX, CUCOOLING

If there's any issues with it or if there's something wrong like the power supply isn't high enough I'd greatly appreciate any feedback on it. It comes to about $950 which is about my price range.
Thanks in advance! :)

daisymtc

It looks ok to me.
PSU - Cooler master is not in great quality.
from the website you link, consider antec 520W/ TP550

newtz

Okay well I can't buy from newegg because I'm in Australia and I can't buy from who i was going to because they have terrible ratings.
But I've foudn a really good store and I need some feedback on this new system:
AMD Phenom II X4 QUAD Core 955
Asus M4A88TD-M AM3
2048Mb 2Gb DDR3 1333 Memory
1000Gb 1Tb Seagate SATA2 32Mb
Sapphire ATI AMD HD6850 1Gb
Samsung 22X SATA DVD Writer
CoolerMaster Gladiator 600 ATX
650W CoolerMaster eXtreme ATX

It all looks good to me, with a 22' monitor it comes to a little over $1000

2048Megabytes

You have an operating system installation disk? What brand of RAM are you looking at?

I would not buy that power supply. A power supply is a very vital part of a system. Cheap power supplies can cause performance issues or burn out and damage your system. Look at a 600 Watt power supply from one of the following manufacturers:

Antec, Corsair, PC Power and Cooling, Seasonic, Silverstone, XClio, XFX, or Zalman.

newtz

The RAM is Hynix and I already have OS.
Thanks for ur advice, I'll look into the power supply

2048Megabytes

ATI video cards work better with Advanced Micro Devices processors. There is nothing wrong with the video card he is buying in my opinion. The Silverstone Power Supply he also chose is a good pick.