My heatSink or this waterCooling Kit ?[HELP]

H0nDA2000

Right now i have this heatsink on my intel p4 2.8
67.jpg

And i just found this Water Cooling Kit on the net http://www.frozencpu.com/ex-wat-69.html

It looks easy to install and safe to use (as a noob i am in watercooling)
The question is will it make any "good" difference ? and does it worth it ? :/
Thx

Verve

That heatsink you have looks fine. Now, the water cooled kit you posted is a bit on the expensive side. But if you want to spend $100 on it, you'll almost definatly see improvment, but for 100 bucks?.

Qlutch

Well unless you plan on doing quite a bit of overclocking, there really isn't any need to go from a good heatsink/fan to watercooling.

super_xero

the water cooling kit isnt that good well it would put the temp down a few degress compared to a referance heatsink but i think you should save the money and if you realy want a proper water cooling kit save up and get swifteks apex cheep and verry verry good

H0nDA2000

when i firstly installed it the temps where ok 35-6 and 39-10 in games .. but now i dont know wtf maybe i have damaged my spu and now i have 45*C without doing nthg :( thats why i am thinking of other ways of cooling

joelkyr

I think u have a good HS(POLO 735 if im not mistaken) i had one of those in my first set-up and works great for me. Just need to clean it, what i did to max. my cooling is putting a fan on top of it to get fresh outside air. With regards to WC, it will help and improve your cooling a lot, depending on what set-up(DIY) or kit you choose.

Hairy_Lee

VIP Member
if you have noticed that ur temps have risen i would place the blame on dust buildup, give it a clean out and see what happnes.
if you really want to go for water cooling do some reading up on it and make sure you have a good idea what it entails for your system.