My Home Made Wooden Case - COMPLETED!

Langers2k7

Finally finished my wooden computer case a couple weeks back and totally forgot to post the pictures.

Here she is, please be nice =] Any questions just ask.

IMGP0797.jpg

IMGP0798.jpg

IMGP0801.jpg

IMGP0799.jpg

IMGP0804.jpg

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I Like your dog! :D

Nice job! Pretty interesting. I'd just worry about heat buildup.

tlarkin

VIP Member
Just need to get a router and put some awesome etching into it, and you will have a complete custom original piece case.

G25r8cer

Def dont see that everyday! That reminds me of the logitech z-5500 wooden mod. Its def far from pro work but I give you props for doing something out of the ordinary.

just a noob

i think those drives kind of ruined the look :p great work otherwise great work, maybe you could put some veneer on the front of them?

royalmarine

excellent work dude!

agree with changing the white dvd drives. make some sort of a cover for them.

other wise, its perfect!

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Great work man! :)

Next thing you should do is maybe a side panel window but it already looks very original ;)

dave_w

Take a look at how Lian-Li's universal stealth drive bays work. You could even order one and reverse-engineer a wooden one of your own, perhaps even be able to take the cunning little door mechanism, remove it from their aluminum paneling, and apply it to your own homemade door.

But yeah...that's pretty badass. I agree, I wouldn't use it on a high-heat PC, but for a casual little rig, it's awesome.

Langers2k7

Thanks for all the comments guys!

One of my mates suggested that I get some drives with flat faces and then use some sort of veneer to cover them in the same sort of wood.

The original plan was to have a formed door made of Plywood but in the end I decided that I wanted a flat face.

The case is remarkably quiet and in order to keep it cool, underneath the chrome fan-grill is a 22cm Akasa Fan :p

So far it idles about the same temperature as the same components in their old plastic case.

Timo

Was thinking about a wooden case myself as well, only I'd have to have my new computer in first to start making it. Looks nice, though I would've rounded the edges of the iron plate you ripped off from someones house :p

(and plated the drives with wood... Basically make everything out of wood...)

One question; could you make a picture of the behind (shieldplate / slots / etc.) for me?

Langers2k7

Hi - yeah the rear end of it is just the back of an old ATX case that I cannibalised for the MoBo plate, 5.25" drive bays and rear I/O plate. I will upload a pic when I got home - think I've already taken one.