My i7 at 3.6ghz bottlenecked me!

CrayonMuncher

I have never heard of this before that I can remember. Is this an option only available in Windows 7? How do you arrange some processes to have more priority over others in Task Manager?

You just select the process right click and choose set priority then choose from lowest to realtime, you can do this all the way back to at least windows 2000 prob before but i cant confirm that as i have no windows 98 machines, or 95 lol.

2048Megabytes

I have been playing around with Task Manager lately. I can see where the option is to give certain programs priority over others in Task Manager. It was great information to learn.

Last edited:

jonnyp11

you're welcome from me and probably him too, but did that do anything, and have you done anything to the drivers

Perkomate

The task manager trick is actually really quite effective in boosting performance of onboard graphics. Don't get me wrong, it plainly works in discrete cards, but the onboard video is amazingly improved by it. My netbook can actually run Minecraft full screen without lagging!

jonnyp11

yep, that's what i use it for and that extra umph u get from the cpu where it has access to more % of it makes a big diff., then oc a little with nvidia control panel, my bios are locked on this emachine/hp, and it makes most things berrable

jonnyp11

unless you have super crappy crap like me and apparently him too instead of a super computer like you probably have, i'm running on an nvidia geforce 7050, passmark has it as like a 55 score, so i need it and it is not unnecessary for some people