My laptop randomly shuts down during games...

eaglefan101

This is kinda going to be a long post, so you can understand how the problem got started in the first place. Please understand that I'm no computer wiz.

Even though I had a pretty decent anti-virus program, a trojan was able to slip by. It infected my computer, and preventing me from opening my anti-virus program so I could fix the problem, even in safe mode. I eventually uninstalled the anti-virus program and I'm now running on a free program (which sucks).

Now I didn't realize I had a trojan until my computer would randomly flash to blue screen for less than half a second, and then the computer would reboot. It happened every time I would try to use my computer, or go onto Firefox. I can't even read what the screen says because it flashes so fast. That went away when I got rid of the 7 infections I found while using the new anti-virus program. My computer seemed to run fine after that. No more random blue screens and reboots. Unfortunately, my troubles did not end completely.

I am into online FPSs, and I recently started playing a free FPS called Combat Arms. By recently, I mean right after I deleted the viruses. After a few minutes of playing the game, the blue screen would flash, and then the computer would shut down and reboot. Just like it did when the virus came.

This now only happens (as of my knowledge) when I play this game. I dunno if it's a virus, or what. I just want to know what's going on, and how to fix it. Sorry if this is all kinda vague. If you guys need more information, tell me what you need to know and I'll try to give you the info.

And no, it's not a RAM issue. I have 1GB of RAM and this game reccomends 512MB.

Any ideas whats going on?

Macky

your problem is definitely a virus or malware which some of them shuts your computer when opening this browser. your computer account is infected, immediately delete this account after creating an admin account. download updated anti virus or a NOD 32 trial version and run a system scan.

eaglefan101

Bit of an update. Usually when my computer restarts after the crash... a notice will pop up saying that an error occurred and that Windows had to shut down. Here are the details of the error.

BCCode : 10000050 BCP1 : E1456104 BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : BF35CE85
BCP4 : 00000001 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

Don't know what any of that means... can someone put it into english for me?

brunoxyz

I havn't seen any viruses doing that kind of stuff, I wouldrather say it is hardware... maybe overheating as suggested before, try to get a program like speedfan or core temp to scan your cpu or video temperatures. My desktop computer used to shut down when I was playing half life 2 and it was a power supply issue, the video card was pulling too much juice.

hope that helps.

If you want to get rid of viruses completely do a clean install of windows, that is always good.

HumanMage

If you are still paranoid that you have a virus or some type of malacious material you could always download Hijack This (I'm not sure of the exact spelling method) and post a log on this forum, just to rule out any virues. But as others have said, perhaps an overheating issue as well? Do you have any type of cooler along with your laptop? Having it sit bare on a desk or table traps heat in key places, which will eventually cause the laptop to overheat.