My Mobo Doesnt Recognize My Sata

DanLatimer

hey,

my motherboard won't recognize my Sata HDD, I noticed that my HDD is 300mbs and my mobo can only do 150 so i set a jumper to deal with that, my bios I have SATA controller enabled, it might be a faulty data cable but I dont have another so any suggestions about other things to check would be appreciated, and just to cover the basics, yes my HDD is recieving power, connections are firmly connected.. My mobo can handle 250 gigs bc i had a IDE (PATA/ATA whatever u wanna call it) HDD hooked up to it before and the mobo recognized it. It could be a faulty HDD but i just bought it so I dont think it is. anything else?

Dan

The_Other_One

VIP Member
So nothing shows up in the bios either, or just nothing in windows? When I used SATA drives, I didn't have to set anything up, even jumpers for when I had two drives in a RAID. They just work... Or they did on my last two mobos.

DanLatimer

it was my bios, as i thought, I couldnt figure it out so I just tried using the auto settings, I set it to compatible settings instead of optimized settings