My Mouse? Responds then doesnt then does etc

AjsGuns

Its frustrating me so much. My mouse will work for like 5 seonds then not work for 5 seconds then work for 20 seconds then not work for 10 seconds etc
occasionally my laptop will say USB malfunction but very rarely, however its not the usb drive as other things work perfectly fine ie usbs/modems etc.

AjsGuns

Optical
about 7 months
the light flashes on and it works for 10 secs then it goes off and doesnt work etc also makes a sound when the volume is turned up like im plugging something in and out.

saba.jamalian

Try testing it on another computer.
I think because it works properly at least for some times, the hardware itself doesn`t have any problem. And since the light turns off when not functioning, the problem is 99% with its wire or USB port.
If your mouse works properly on other computers, use a USB to PS2 convertor, maybe your PC`s USB port is the problem.
Try connecting it to other USB ports of your computer.

AjsGuns

Will test it on a mates computer tomorrow n tell u guys, im leaning towards its wiring. its wired not wireless. the computer is reporting a malfunction says: USB PORT 2 malfunction or something like that, but everything that use the usb ports works fine just not the mouse, also it does the same thing in all 4 USB ports.