my new rig is slow/ and other problems!

Mod

i built this gaming pc a few months back, and my older c2d dell is faster, more reliable and a hell lot smoother and tougher

i had a normall dell pc optiplex760 just added a xfx8400, and it was perfect, but then i got angry and flipped the table :mad:

anywayz this is my new build

asus maximus iii gene
ddr3 dominator 2gb
core i5 650
xfx gts 250
antec 750w
cm storm scout

those are all new

and im using my old 320WD HDD, that fell alot, but its alive

well my problem is that this setup was built to be reliable and stable, amongst other things, buts its just not

its quite laggy and slow, not smooth, not stable (have not oc'd)

i checked every part seperatly, i updated all the drivers, formatted with xp a hundred times, i get alot of blue screens of death, video playback is bad, which is weird i have a Bloody gts 250, it games alright, but not what i expected.

the thing is i have buil many pc's before, and im just shocked at how much im getting out of this, its not giving me enough hp or like power

i recently plugged the gts 250 to my 32'' lcd and things became worse, ill be going back to vga

of all the things i suspect it to be the hdd, becuase it fell alot, but i ran a hundred test, it makes no sounds, and its fine, but i have no other hardware to blame, there all new and running smooth, i have put everything on a individual stress test etc

thanks

rawcomputers

Go for win 7 64 bit, xp with sp3 laggs on every computer i know of
Also try upping your ram to 4gb (if running 64 bit os obviously)
Otherwise looks like a nice system

BrokaToe

Yes for sure go with win 7 64-bit. I was having the same problem with the system listed in my signature. I was running win 7 32-bit...but with a 64-bit processor like your i5, you surely should be running a 64-bit os. When I upgraded to the 64-bit, it then recognized all my ram, and utilized both cores in my processor. Sometimes a 32-bit os will not use all the cores in your processor. But to sum it up...win 7 64-bit will make things alot easier on your pc's life and yours.

linkin

VIP Member
i built this gaming pc a few months back, and my older c2d dell is faster, more reliable and a hell lot smoother and tougher

i had a normall dell pc optiplex760 just added a xfx8400, and it was perfect, but then i got angry and flipped the table :mad:

anywayz this is my new build

asus maximus iii gene
ddr3 dominator 2gb
core i5 650
xfx gts 250
antec 750w
cm storm scout

those are all new

and im using my old 320WD HDD, that fell alot, but its alive

well my problem is that this setup was built to be reliable and stable, amongst other things, buts its just not

its quite laggy and slow, not smooth, not stable (have not oc'd)

i checked every part seperatly, i updated all the drivers, formatted with xp a hundred times, i get alot of blue screens of death, video playback is bad, which is weird i have a Bloody gts 250, it games alright, but not what i expected.

the thing is i have buil many pc's before, and im just shocked at how much im getting out of this, its not giving me enough hp or like power

i recently plugged the gts 250 to my 32'' lcd and things became worse, ill be going back to vga

of all the things i suspect it to be the hdd, becuase it fell alot, but i ran a hundred test, it makes no sounds, and its fine, but i have no other hardware to blame, there all new and running smooth, i have put everything on a individual stress test etc

thanks

I am guessing that is your problem.

Please open up a command prompt window and type chkdsk -r and hit enter. If it asks to reboot, do so, and let the disk check continue. Let it complete.

2048Megabytes

Service Pack 3 for Windows XP used to run fine for me when I first began using it on my present system (listed in my signature below). The more updates I have installed with Service Pack 3 the slower it seems to get. I don't do updates for Service Pack 3 anymore. I think Microsoft intentionally sabotaged Windows XP to get users to move on and buy Windows 7.