My OS boots then restarts

backseatgunner

My laptop is angry. When i hit the power button it will start like normal, go throught the steps, then when it gets to teh screen with the bars that go across the screen and teh windows logo and it restarts itself into a never ending cycle. HELP ME!!

its a virus u caught that restarts ur computer when u power on your computer, try holding down F8 and go to the choices menu then choose safe mode and if it restarts again after you go to safe mode or try to boot to safe mode that means u have a virus, best thing to do from that point is to format ur drive and reinstall ur OS

backseatgunner

It wont boot from safe mode. Is there any way i can get my stuff of it or take the drive out and put it in another computer, then scan it.

Trizoy

VIP Member
I have not heard of this virus before... but either way... Try a repair console, or restore.. If you cant do that then you can remove the HD and recover the info. BUT MAKE SURE, the computer you plug the hd into does have up to date antivirus.. Dont want to give it to another computer right?

cabby

my buddies pc also has the same problem, ive tried everything to fix it. think i should reformat and reinstall xp???