My video card luck is the worse ever! Please help me.

striker

I have a Compaq Presario PC SR5210NX with Vista. I bought a http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133197 because my last card did not work. It came in today so I just installed it to my tower. I started up my computer and I can hear it turn on, but no picture. So I connected the monitor to the VGA that is intergrated into my motherboard still no picture. I had to unistall the new card from my tower to to get my picture back. How can I install the software if I can't see the screen? Can someone help me, please?:(:(:(

PC eye

banned
Did you disable the onboard video once you had the new card in? That is done in the bios setup along with at least disabling the onboard video item found in the device manager. Otherwise the onboard will cancel the installed card out! You want to see the bios set from PCI to PCI-E as well.

striker

Did you disable the onboard video once you had the new card in? That is done in the bios setup along with at least disabling the onboard video item found in the device manager. Otherwise the onboard will cancel the installed card out! You want to see the bios set from PCI to PCI-E as well.

Ok, I know how to go into bios and switch it to PCI-E, but how do I do disable the onboard video item found in the device manager?:confused:

striker

Ok I did everything that PC eye said, and I still get the same problem. What do I do know?:confused:

PC eye

banned
While you are in the device manager you look under the display adapter catagory there and right click on the item for onboard. That should be seen as the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 with 64MB according to the specifications seen on that model at http://www.shopping.hp.com/store/product/product_detail/GN571AA%2523ABA

A simple right click and selecting the disable option in the right click menu will take care of that while leaving the drivers intact so you don't see prompts for them come up. Hopefully that will now see good results if the card has no defects itself.

striker

Ok I got it to show up thanks to PC eye. But now it's telling me to install vista drivers?

Install windows Vista 32-bit driver or 64-bit driver??? (Note: You need windows Vista x64 to install the x64 vision of the driver). How would I know which one to pick for my computer? Compaq Presario PC SR5210NX with Vista

PC eye

banned
Glad to see you finally got the card working there. Witrh a 32bit edition of Vista you would select the 32bit driver set at the support site. Unless you specified a 64bit edition of Windows a prebuild will come with a 32bit edition usually Home Premium.

With the custom build here I had more fun seeing Vista drivers automatically downloaded for the sound card on XP since I dual boot both versions along with ubuntu presently. The Creative updater even support site as well as the MS update site all saw those go on XP! Finally Creative straightened out the mess they had there. If you eventually get into custom building that's where the fun really begins! :eek::rolleyes::mad::p