My Windows 7 Doesn't Boot In 7 Seconds ?

TaURiN*e

I have heard rumours that Windows 7 can boot up to the desktop in 7 seconds, this may be a little extreme, however, my Hp G61 laptop takes around 50 seconds, It doesn't really bother me I was just wondering if there's a reason : ]

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Id think you would need quite a quick pc with a SSD drive and a very tweaked version of 7 to get it up in 7 seconds tbh.

Have you defragged your drive lately?..shut down anything you do not need starting with windows?...

canivari

TaURiN*e, well the rummors are correct, i can boot my pc in 8 or 9 s but,
its a desktop, and i do have an 250 bucks hdd running at 10000rpm with 16MB cache and 8GB RAM with 1333Mhz of FSB.
In laptops u see those specs shrinked,for example your hdd is 5400rpm,probably 4 or 8MB cache and 400,533 0r 800Mhz of FSB.
And not to mention all the tweaks that the OS can have to boot with a lot less stuff like
Nevakonaza posted earlier..

Laquer Head

TaURiN*e, well the rummors are correct, i can boot my pc in 8 or 9 s but,
its a desktop, and i do have an 250 bucks hdd running at 10000rpm with 16MB cache and 8GB RAM with 1333Mhz of FSB.
In laptops u see those specs shrinked,for example your hdd is 5400rpm,probably 4 or 8MB cache and 400,533 0r 800Mhz of FSB.
And not to mention all the tweaks that the OS can have to boot with a lot less stuff like
Nevakonaza posted earlier..

*cough* Bullshit *cough*:rolleyes:

Gareth

I get my computer up and running in 21 seconds, with my Raid 0 (read 250mb/s), quad core at 3.2GHz and 8GB of 1066 RAM. It used to take Vista 47 seconds, and when I tried XP on it for a laugh, it took 1m 13s.

linkin

VIP Member
My computer takes 31 seconds to fully boot. (from seeing the POST message to the windows logon screen)

canivari

*cough* Bullshit *cough*:rolleyes:

i am not playing, i do can boot in 8 or 9 sec with mine.
I am running Win7 X86 with patched kernel..
and a lot services disabled,
a small antivirus, and no programs at startup at all.
I dont know why he does that boot so fast (it should be like linkin93 around 25 or 30sec) but is not
and i am very happy with it like that..LOL

Last edited: