Napoleon Total War discussion.

lubo4444

Hey guys what do you think about Napoleon Total War the game? Did anybody try it yet? It's says it's supposed to be released on 2/23/10. I'm really interested in it but i want to hear some opinions first. How are the graphics on it? Thanks.

Stoic Sentinel

Oh man, it looks really amazing aesthetically-wise, but I just hope the campaign map is going to be more like Rome: Total War. The Empire Total War campaign map (imho) was less than perfect.

Twist86

Hey guys what do you think about Napoleon Total War the game? Did anybody try it yet? It's says it's supposed to be released on 2/23/10. I'm really interested in it but i want to hear some opinions first. How are the graphics on it? Thanks.

Well I am surprised the french ever did anything constructive in a war other then losing or running :p

Game itself is lackluster from this standpoint...there are plenty of games cheaper and better imo. I heard the AI was horrible and easy.

lubo4444

I dont know it seems decent game. But if it's not really fun, i guess it's just not worth the money getting it.

elitejp

Well I am surprised the french ever did anything constructive in a war other then losing or running :p

Game itself is lackluster from this standpoint...there are plenty of games cheaper and better imo. I heard the AI was horrible and easy.

Can you recommend some?

Stildawn

Ive got it...

The best feature so far for me is the "Drop in" feature in your campaigns.... You complain about a bad Battle AI... So why not have your friend (or other random human) play as the AI in all your campaign battles? This is exactly what this feature does... You can play whole campaigns where each battle is fought against a human opponent and more often than not a different Human opponent.. Which is awesome as its like fighting actual different generals...

dirtbikeryzz

Well I can hardly run it... Now look at my sig and go wtf, beleave me im thinking the same thing. I'm down in the teens watching lines march only, and its not using my 2nd gpu at all....

edit: got new drivers that came out literlly a few hours ago and a lot of the gameplay has improved. its playable now on high at 1680x1050. Not sure how people run it on ultra on high res and not drop below 35fps.

Last edited:

computernoob1

You heard wrong, the AI in Empire was terrible but they patched it and now it is so much better, and they are using the same AI for Napoleon.

Stildawn

The Battle AI in NTW is much better than Empire... But with all AI its still falling short of a human player... Which is why the Drop in Feature is so awesome... Just last night I get slaughted in my campaign by another player of the net lol... Although the battle was in his favour to begin with.

Stildawn

Well I can run it on ultra but i hate the slightest slow down. And my monitors so big that 1680x1050 is the lowest res that looks good.

My monitor is 1680x1050 native and I run it at that... It never slows down.

dirtbikeryzz

My monitor is 1680x1050 native and I run it at that... It never slows down.

Not unusual, my buddies got a similar rig but with a gtx 285 and it rapes my rig in 80% of games. Just sick of computer headaches, been on my console the last few days.