navy friend needs gaming laptop

James^.^

As the title says my friend needs a gaming laptop for under 2000$, the only thing is I don't know what laptops are top notch nowadays. He would also like the laptop to be mainly for playing wow on high everything and at least 60fps.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

rhum

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9172511&type=product&id=1218043606827

I got mine for $1049 in the store, so you might want to check the price. Runs the crysis demo on high with excellent frames, but I haven't tried very high. For WoW I get over 60fps except in the major cities where i get like 40 which u cant tell the difference. In arenas ive gotten over 100 and in raids i never see anything get choppy. I think it's the best you can get at the moment. I highly recommend it. Just google reviews on it im sure you will be impressed.

as far as the price goes. It's maybe 300 dollars more max then u would spend on a comp plus monitor and u get the mobility.

I'm also in the Navy actually stationed in Pensacola.

Last edited:

rhum

I'm actually a Corspamn and work in a hospital, but I just got orders to Jacksonville, NC to be stationed in New River with MAG 26 (marine air group).

DMGrier

VIP Member
I'm a BM, Nice to see some Navy on here. By the way if he is going to be buying that laptop see if he can get the 12 cell battery with it. If he is in the navy depending on how old his ship is he might not always have access to a power outlet and may need to rely on the battery.