Need a laptop (budget is £280)

christofudge

Ok, so I need a new laptop, and my budget is £280. Unfortunately I cannot stretch much above this, and I am not looking to game on it, I am just looking to play some dvds and the like, and I want to get alot of my college work done (I'm studying a web design and game design course in september) Any input on what I could buy and what its like would be appreciated :) Many thankss

Viision

I think if your doing game design your going to be needing a good laptop. You may want to check your course requirements for laptop requirements because my college has a set laptop requirement.

christofudge

I've never been told if I would need specific requirements :p They've told me I can stay behind and do extra hours on the computers in college, I just wanted something I could do some of the work at home on. Do you think my budget might be too low for what i want to do? Or will I be able to get something half decent :)

Viision

Being in college switching between computers is a real pain. I think your budget is low especially for game design. Using me as an example when I go to my college's home page and navigate to my specific course. It tells me all about the course the classes, and at the bottom it has laptop requirements. I was unaware of this as well and I was in for a surprise the first day of class lol. If there are no requirments then we can go ahead and start selecting options for you, but double check that first.

christofudge

I have just emailed my soon to be tutor to ask, since I couldn't find anything on the website. I'll post back when he has replied, which may be as late as tomorrow :p Thanks for your help so far though!