Need a little assistance

Maddhatter

i have a friend that lives in canada is wanting to build a new pc but he's on a pretty tight budget and me personally i don't think its possible but im not from canada so im not sure of the prices but anyway he wants to build a pc for around $300 thats capable of playing HL2 (any settings). The parts he needs are (processor,RAM,Case,video card,Motherboard) LOL! anyhoot maybe someone here can rustle up something around that price? i tried but i couldn't do it

Maddhatter

well he's upgrading from 128 mbs of ram and a pentium 3 so i think anything will be a significant difference

StrangleHold

Staff member
The parts he needs are (processor,RAM,Case,video card,Motherboard) LOL! anyhoot maybe someone here can rustle up something around that price? i tried but i couldn't do it

That would be hard to do for 300 bucks, mabe if he found some used parts at a small local computer shop, most of the budget builds I do end up around 450

Last edited:

Technogab

Yeah $300 would be tough to get a those parts for any good gaming.

Although I would check out eBay. You can always get lucky and score some pretty nice parts at a low price depending on who's bidding. I've gotten some pretty sweet deals that way, but luck plays a big part in it.