Need Digital Camera!

hells3000

Hey guys I need a digital camera to get photos in the computer. What do you need? And what is recommended? Also is it cheaper to print at a local store or your house? Cause they have this stupid sign <print here cause it's cheaper that in your home> is that true there charging 19 cents per print and on kodak paper :) thx
also I one that will be good for my money thx! limit dunno :)

MaKa

Here in the uk I find it cheaper to pay to get them printed, and for the cam it would all depend on what you where after taking pictures of on to what spec cam you would need :)

hells3000

well it's for home photos and will be putting some in the net :)
i don't reaally want top i just want ok quality

MaKa

well they say 6meg pixal cams are the ok ones and anything above that is better

I got to say dont go for hp as I find there not that good, i use a Kodak one and think its great also it has a memery card that most come with now so I just slot it in a card reader and images are sorted :)

MaKa

no you dont need one but it is an option, most cams come with some way of conecting it to a pc these days and the software, so I wouldnt worry to much about that, also when buying one it should say :)

MaKa

just watch with ebay as they do try and make them look great when there not and also they put faulse info on about them :) newegg I have had know dealings with so I cant help there

hells3000

well i am taking it :)
Free 1GB SD Card under combo specials, while supplies last
Canon A620 Silver 7.1 MP Digital Camera 4X Optical Zoom - Retail

computerhakk

VIP Member
Get atleast a 5mp digital camera if you are going to get one.

Anything less is pretty much a waste of money. With exceptions to few.

I would recommend you get a card reader, those universal ones where they can read all 100 of those different type of cards (exageration).

Why? because all the programs that come bundled with things you buy these days pretty much install all these useless things that you dont even need. Sometimes, it wont allow you to install it unless you install those useless things.

DCIScouts

VIP Member
computerhakk said:
Get atleast a 5mp digital camera if you are going to get one.

Anything less is pretty much a waste of money. With exceptions to few.

I would recommend you get a card reader, those universal ones where they can read all 100 of those different type of cards (exageration).

Why? because all the programs that come bundled with things you buy these days pretty much install all these useless things that you dont even need. Sometimes, it wont allow you to install it unless you install those useless things.
Not really on the 5MP thing... I'd say about 4MP should service almost any common user's needs...

spamdos

i recommend a card reader it made it very easy for transferring they are also quite cheap.

have you looked at that new olympus (i think) shockproof, waterproof and all that. they have up to 7.1 mp which is plenty and they are small

m0nk3ys1ms

spamdos said:
i recommend a card reader it made it very easy for transferring they are also quite cheap.

have you looked at that new olympus (i think) shockproof, waterproof and all that. they have up to 7.1 mp which is plenty and they are small

Olympus does make some pretty nice ones, also I would recommend a Canon Powershot