Need Experts help for the strange problem with my laptop!

Anil kumar

hello please anyone help with my ASUS k55A laptop that is having strange issue.
I push the power on button and the laptop doesn't do nothing.
No lights, no sound, nothing.
The battery and the charger are both ok.
The only way I'm able to power on the laptop again is the next strange procedure:
- I disconnect the charger and I remove the battery.
- I push the power on button around 45-60 seconds.
- I have to wait sometimes for at least 8 hours (before it is used to be 3 hrs) hours.
And after 8 hours when I push the power on button. The laptop works again and everything is ok.
I searched the problem for a couple of days in google and some other computer forums But I don't find a good solution (waiting 8 hours to power on is not a solution)
please anyone give me solution how to resolve this issue..any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks :)

Twinbird24

It could be faulty RAM. The next time you're able to boot the laptop run memtest, or if you have spare RAM that will work with the laptop then try that as well.

I would also recommend using compressed air to clean out the laptop.

Also, is this your topic as well? :p it seems you've had this problem for a long time.

Anil kumar

thank you for response

yeah i tried that by running memtest86+ software.but it shows there no problem with the memory :(. . still the same symptom no lights no fans spins no led indicators.i even tried removing both the RAM as well as the HDD.the machine acts as if there is no power to it.but again it works after 8 hours.very strange :(. i re-installed RAM with good working ram same symptom,the machine power ON again after 8 hours.the only solution i am able the laptop is by using sleep mode instead of shut down :(. any ideas how solve the problem? thanks