Need for Speed: Pro Street

Justin

VIP Member
i bought the game this past weekend. i sold my 240sx and cobalt ss(drag) you get at the start and bought a Scooby WRX STi for Grip and a Dodge Charger R/T for drag. Is that a good move or did I just f up?

spanky

lol. i'm not sure but your rig might freak out. the specs are higher this time but for gfx card the minimum was a GeForce 4.

you might want to try this the system requirement test. here's a link!
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

P.S. i saw gameplay footage of prostreet in low settings, it'll look like underground's graphics. and i don't want that. :p

That is a great link. I had been wondering if my rig will be able to hold up to some of these newer games.

Justin

VIP Member
i need a better drag car!

right now i have an eclipse that runs 11's on the 1/4 and 16's on the 1/2. i recently unlocked that event with the drag king. so i tried testing out my skills and everyone else were running 10's on the 1/4. do you think i should buy a new car or upgrade my eclipse? it has stage 2 performance parts as of now. and how do i get 6th gear? is there an upgrade for that?

i don't really have much cash, around 90k.

i need a better drag car!

right now i have an eclipse that runs 11's on the 1/4 and 16's on the 1/2. i recently unlocked that event with the drag king. so i tried testing out my skills and everyone else were running 10's on the 1/4. do you think i should buy a new car or upgrade my eclipse? it has stage 2 performance parts as of now. and how do i get 6th gear? is there an upgrade for that?

i don't really have much cash, around 90k.

There is no 6th gear upgrade... You have to buy a car with 6th gear stock. Don't get a Corvette, those are horrible for drag. I have a Pontiac GTO that was won in a drift race day.. I just changed the mode to drag and I have over 1000 horses after level three upgrades.

Look at page 2, my cars do me pretty well...

WeatherMan

Can someone name me a great drag car.

Ive gone through 3 cars now, spent about 600k on them. finding out that at top spec, (after top upgrades) they cant get below 8s, I know M3 is one, I cant make the skyline do sub 8, or the GT-R Promo.

Any names?

Calibretto

VIP Member
I hated the game. It still has a cheesy storyline and sort of a ricer feel to it like all the other games.

NFS needs to go back to the days of Hot Pursuit. Those were the great ole days.

WeatherMan

Now on the 2nd stage of Drag race, at the 2nd venue.

Had a 8s Chevelle that whipped everyone in the first round, go into the 2nd and everyones doing 7/8s:eek:

Need to get my hands on a 7.x car now :D

Justin

VIP Member
haha! i changed my impreza to a drag car. i'm using a skyline r34 (woohoo my CF username!) for grip. i love the sound of that car. :) my impreza is running in the low 9's in the 1/4 and runs low 13's in the 1/2. all stage 2 parts except for nitrous which is stage 3. i just finished the 1st part to challenge the drag king and of course dominated it as usual like all the other events. :p

WeatherMan

Anyone got a 7.xS car? I know the Zonda can do it (Obviously) Cos ive seen a video:p But I don't have cash for one.

I have a top spec M3 doing 8.01s, a Chevelle SS also doing 8.01s and a STI doing 8.18s, all at top spec.

Need a Drag car in the 7s to advance in the drag stage for Drag King.

So far got the Speed King & Grip King. Just need a 7s car!

zaroba

i had my corvette c6 do a 7.8 once.
and yea, zonda can do a 7.2 easily.

the main thing is that the top speed in drag is limited to 251mph.
no matter what car you drive, be it a c6, or the zonda, they will only top out at 251mph, even if you use a nitro it wont go over that speed.

Justin

VIP Member
handling upgrades? would there be a difference on the drag strip if you tuned the suspension, breaks, etc etc...? i've only installed engine and nitrous upgrades on my sti that runs in the high 8's on the 1/4. stage 2 engine and stage 3 nitrous.

anyway, i'm planning to swap back the sti to a grip car and change my skyline r34 to the drag car. i'm having difficulty controlling the r34 through the corners. it has 600hp.

Justin

VIP Member
skylines are AWD. and my skyline oversteers in the corners even with tuning of the suspension.

I have a 350Z and a Zonda for grip it blows everyone away... My GTO dragster pulls 7.4 in 1/4 mile. I just bought a Camaro concept to try out for drag and it doesn't do better than the GTO. I might make my Zonda a dragster and buy a Lambo for grip...

epidemik

OMG, this game sounds soo sweet. You guys are making me jelous. I hope i get it along with a ps3 for xmas.

Are yo uguys playing it on comp or console?
Can you compare times cross platform? (seems like thered be no reason why you couldnt)