need good psu

Allmine

I need a good psu under $65 including shipping. here are my specs

Athlon 64 X2 5000 65watt
4gb ddr2 ram
radeon 3850
2 HD's and one DVD

thanks

i would go with this, tons of good reviews and its 530 wat, plenty for your system and enough for any upgrade like another harddrive or disk reader in the future
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817152028

It does not matter if a product has a good number reviews if a lot of them are bad. That PSU you listed is decent in and of itself but the one's ones I listed are substantially better and had better reviews. Look at my links. I do the research to find the best of everything on newegg before I post a link up. It's quite obvious you did not and after someone posts something up where it looks like they did not do their research, I discredit everything they ever say. there-on. So be careful for your own sake.

StrangleHold

Staff member
It's quite obvious you did not and after someone posts something up where it looks like they did not do their research, I discredit everything they ever say. there-on. So be careful for your own sake.

I would be careful about saying that. Considering one of your links is for a Rosewill P/S. Rosewill is one of the cheapest/low quality name brand makers there is. No more or less better than the Raidmax. Atleast Topower makes some of the Raidmax P/S. I would not suggest a Rosepop to a most unliked person.

I would be careful about saying that. Considering one of your links is for a Rosewill P/S. Rosewill is one of the cheapest/low quality name brand makers there is. No more or less better than the Raidmax. Atleast Topower makes some of the Raidmax P/S. I would not suggest a Rosepop to a most unliked person.

I have used Rosewill and I have many friends that are not on here use rosewill too. And many of the Rosewill products are rated 5 stars.... Most of them are in the lower power rating power supply though.

Also, one thing you may want to know about me. If some company sells computer parts and the vast majority of them are low rated but they make one or two really products that are well rated with plenty of reviews, I'll go for the chance. I don't care about brand reputation, I care about the indevidual product I'm buying. That's why I would not use Rosewill for a higher end build.... because most, if not all of their hight wattage Power Supplys have marginal ratings. For a high end build, I would use something like Corsair, PC Power & Cooling, or maybe Antec or Thermaltake. But I will not buy something from any of them that is not rated 5 stars repetatively. And that's why I listed the Rosewill product I did.... The reviews were great with 5 stars repetatively, it had plenty of connections, had sleeved cables, good watts and amps, was stylish, and also very cheap in price (but not quality). I can't think of any other reasons not to get a power supply.

Oh, and topopower makes some of the worst PSUs I've seen. Many of them far worse than the "worst" Rosewill out there.

Last edited:

StrangleHold

Staff member
None of that had anything to do with what I said. The Rosewill you gave a link to is not any better than the Raidmax he did. They are pretty equal in performance/quality. I would not have suggested either one. You can ramble on for 3 paragraphs, doesnt change anything.

Strangle hold, I was saying that Rosewill that I listed was better because I don't care about brand reputation. I care about the product I am going to be reccomending or in some cases, actually using. That Rosewill inparticular was better in every respect from the reviews to the connections, to the downright quality. It was better than the Raidmax listed hands down.

I'm also not saying that the Raidmax is bad, the Rosewill I listed isjust a little bit better. And if it's a little bit better than the competitor's, I buy it.

Last edited:

StrangleHold

Staff member
Your completely missing my point. I would not have suggested either one. The PC P&C link is a good supply, I have the S75QB PC P&C. But there is alot more to pick from in the 500/600W category then to suggest either one.

Allmine

lol. Thanks for the recommendations and arguments. :)
i dont really like raidmax and especially not rosewill, FYI

Your completely missing my point. I would not have suggested either one. The PC P&C link is a good supply, I have the S75QB PC P&C. But there is alot more to pick from in the 500/600W category then to suggest either one.

Yes I understand that there are more to pick from in that catagory than just those but I did not feel like listing way overly priced power supplies of the same average wattage. And I only listed the PSUs I did because their watts and amps were good and he did not need anymore power than 500 Watts or so for what he had specd he'd be running. I could have listed a 750 Watt $120 PSU but I did not feel like it. I listed a few good cheap ones that get the job done well. This guy's system he's running is not very demanding and does not need something huge or expensive.