Need help cleaning up my PC

venraw

My computer has been sluggish recently. Whenever my Windows Live Messenger crashes, I have to restart my computer. My firefox browser won't navigate to specific so I have to use my google crome and vice-versa. It just seems that my programs are really prone to crashing for some reason. I've been using advanced system health care pro to clean junk files, registry, etc, but to no avail. Does it have anything to do with my SSD or what? Any advice will be appreciated.

venraw

Sadly, I'll probably have to do that. I was just hoping for the best. I can export my registry right? I have a lot of games on my secondary hard drive and i dont want to reinstall

Hsv_Man

Yeah as others have said you will probably be best re-installing Windows. I personally wouldn't use any registry cleaners other than "Ccleaner" this has most likely caused your problem.

What you could try is a repair install if you have the windows disk. This will reinstall the OS but you will keep all your files as normal (make sure you backup your important files just in case though)

venraw

Well, it started before I used any registry cleaners. I have an idea why it's like this so I'll probably just do the repair, thanks for the help guys.