Need help with Computer

akis

Need help, my computer motherboard Asus P5ld2 3Gzdual core w/4gb of memory and hard drive WD250GB I have formatted my hard drive and I tested on my other computer and it works fine. Now I go to my Asus computer and I install my installation disc for windows 7 in my DVD drive it starts to copy files and does not complete the task it does the same with my Xp installation disc. why is this happening is my mother board not working or what can some one help me please thank you:mad:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I'm guessing you have a bad stick of ram. Bad memory will usually cause this issue. Download and run memtest to test your ram.

tremmor

Just a thought.
If ya think everything is working fine. Might want to consider a cd or dvd that does work fine. On the read side what color is the dye? some are red, gray, green, blue etc. Might want to buy a 3 pack with same color then make a copy of the installation disc with same. Laser detector might be having problem reading it or more sensitive. some are better than others. might be a back door. Just an idea if hardware is good.

akis

this is my problem with my computer No 1, i formated my hard drive and then i put the installation disk into the DVD drive it starts reading and it says coping need files and then it shuts its self off (yes original copy). i checked my memory 4gb on my other computer (No 2) which has vista no problem with memory then i checked my video card no problem i checked my hard drive no problem.
So what i did i installed my hard drive to my computer No2 vista and installed window 7 to see if it worked! yes i got window7 installled from my vista computer. then i remove the hard drive and installed it to the computer No1 (with the problem) window 7 worked but i am not able to install any program on this computer when i try to install it shuts down i also inserted a blank DVD just to see if it will shut down but it did not. So can some on tell me what it is my motherboard ASUS P5LD2 needs to be replace or is my CPU i know its wierd. i would like to thank all of you that reads and replyies to me :confused:

Last edited:

akis

Ok guys i finally fixed this computer it was my power supply i thank you all for trying to help me :good::):)