Need help with recovery console

arethemad

I have an HP a1540n or something like that. It had Windows MC 2005 edition installed on it, and like some retarded asshat, I got a trial of Vista and installed it. I then, in an attempt to uninstall it, went to the recovery console on startup. I then proceeded to use the fixboot command. Now EVERYTIME I try to reboot, it goes straight to the recovery console. Vista is still on there somewhere, I just never get a chance to try and load it. Is there any hope for my HD at all?

Thanks in advance. This has been one of the worst days of my short life. 360 stopped working, 51 inch TV got a terrible red swirl on it, and now this. I almost started crying when this happened. I know I'm in way over my head and thought I'd ask for help from people that know what they're talking about before I messed it up and crossed the point of no return.

Once again, thanks a million.

PC eye

banned
If you can't install a new copy of Windows on the system you are going to stuck there. Do you have a recovery disk for the system there? It won't remove Vista since that's a newer version of Windows. But there are some other items that will.

arethemad

If you can't install a new copy of Windows on the system you are going to stuck there. Do you have a recovery disk for the system there? It won't remove Vista since that's a newer version of Windows. But there are some other items that will.

I found a cd case that said HP recovery on it, but it only had the 2nd CD in it. I asked my dad where the first one was, but swore he didn't have it.

What about putting Linux on a jumpdrive? The computer I'm on now can't burn DVD's or CD's, so that's all I could think of, but don't know if it's possible.

Right now I just really want to be able to surf the net, go on msn, and listen to music. :p