Need Help With Removing Problem!!!

BrandonL

I have some kind of virus/spyware/adware on my computer and I can't get it off. I know it's still here because of the occasional pop-ups and lagging that occurs. Also, the icons on my desktop are all outlined in the blue color. I took a print screen of my desktop to show you exactly what I mean.

Also, I've already downloaded and ran the full (not trial) versions of these programs to try and cure the problem but it hasn't worked:

-CCleaner
-Ad-Aware SE Personal
-HijackThis
-Spyware Doctor
-Spybot - Search & Destroy
-XoftspySE

Under this is the print screen of my desktop, just so you get my drift. CAN ANYONE HELP ME??? PLEASE POST ASAP!!!

untitled.jpg

meanman

if you use limewire your asking for viruses anyway that said download highjackthis run it and post the log in the security section and help will be given.

BrandonL

the problem isnt limewire. ive been using limewire forever and it never causes problems. it was something else. ill try abexo and see what that does. also, ive used hijackthis on many occasions... so i dont think that doing an additional scan and log is going to help anything. thx for both suggestions though. anyone else feel free to input.

Last edited:

Laptop

What I do when I get this problem(the blue outline problem) is save all my work into a memory pen or CD. Then I will go or create another account as administrator and delete my old account (It will take a while).

ETSA

Just a question, do you use a firewall? Unless you have vista, install a third party firewall, fewer issues in the future perhaps.

BrandonL

Laptop i like your idea... but my problem is, i dont have a memory pen or Cd's... and to make it worse i have no floppy drive in my tower... which i dont understand at all. so that rules out that option. etsa... ur suggestion doesnt really help me rid myself of what i have on here... it just blocks it from occuring in the future.

so for the third time... can anyone relate to my problem and give me some information that will help me remove whatever the hell this is?!?!

Is it Spydawn?? That is friggin fraud, they scare you into buying the program. BrandonL give me the symptoms plz. The only way to get rid of Spydawn is to use(what's called) a Smitt Fix, PC eye helped me out of this, I hope he glances at this. Spydawn is usually downloaded by an Active X control as a trojan horse, it took me one night to rid myself of it, I even wrote the sorry FCC. They wrote back 2 months later saying they had no jurisdiction of this, they pick on Eminem and Ludacris though.

BrandonL

im familiar with spydawn and it wasnt that. i already used the restore disk and wiped my computer out and started from scratch. problem solved i guess.

close this thread plz.