need help

sokol

I just overclocked my cpu e8400 to 4ghz and I have a cooling problem. With my old cpu cooler my temps were 48c. I bought a new cpu cooler thinking it will decrease my temps alittle more if not alot more but its the same temps and alittle bit more with the new cpu cooler the cpu cooler that I bought is xigmatek HDT-RS1283 120mm I used the same amount of tuniq thermal then on the other one. I already filed a RMA with newegg and will be returning the cpu cooler. Can somone recommend me a cpu cooler that will acually cool my cpu, the best cooling cpu cooler on the market.

Thank You.

AMD Fanboy

well, the Zalman 9700 series is quite good, but if you're at 4Ghz, you may want to clock that down a bit. you might have a stability issue because of the extent of the overclock. That's kinda like building a 1000 HP engine and expecting too cool it with a Pinto Radiator. My suggestion is to clock it down a couple hundred Mhz.

Computer_Freak

well, the Zalman 9700 series is quite good, but if you're at 4Ghz, you may want to clock that down a bit. you might have a stability issue because of the extent of the overclock. That's kinda like building a 1000 HP engine and expecting too cool it with a Pinto Radiator. My suggestion is to clock it down a couple hundred Mhz.

Yeah, typically you would use water cooling for that.

The Zalman 9700 is one of the good ones. Apperently Scythe makes some cool coolers.

Only problem is that they are big and heavy.

On thing i saw in some reviews (which i advise to to go see) is that in a lot of them, the temps were the same, but as they were clocked higher and higher, only some stayed stable...

But go check reviews (anandtech etc)

sokol

I'm gonna be ordering the noctura NH-U12P. I dont care how much it costs it acually cools they overclocked it to 3.93ghz and temps were 35c. I get 35c on stock clocks.