Need help

Summerman

I built my own computer but when i went to boot up i plugged the PSU in and the monitor and the keyboard and turned it on. the motherboard lighted up but no fans or the monitor turned on. can you help me idk why this would be.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What motherboard, cpu, memory and power supply are you using? Did you plug in the 4 pin cpu power plug?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Did you install the brass standoffs between the motherboard and the case before attaching the motherboard? Try assembling everything outside the case to see if it will boot up correctly. If still having problems you may need to start switching with new or borrowed parts until you find out whats bad.

Summerman

my case had stand offs built in... new... like buy new parts to test these... it sounds like this is a long and shitty process is their no easier way to figure this out. the motherboard turns on but nothing else does... so it cant be the case fan because the cpu fan and the cd drive and the GPU also dont work. Process of elimination?

Summerman

maybe i did something wrong? i have never built a computer before like maybe the rams in backwards or something like that.

Summerman

FIXED...ty god i wired it backwards on the power sw i just turned it on and the cold chill from the fans was a great feeling. ty for the help anyways you saying cpu power made me think to recheck all connections