Need Recommendations: Quiet, Tripple Monitor Workstation

Hi, I generally follow the "Buy a completely new computer every 3-4 years" approach, and my current computer is starting to hit the end of 4 years.

My interests have nearly completely left gaming, with me at most playing Warcraft 3 occasionally. That being said, I wouldn't mind the graphics performance at least being passable for potential future games.

There are only two things that I really want, the first being at least moderately quiet, the second being something I have been wanting for a few years, three monitors.
I would like to have a wide screen in the center, surrounded by two normal screens of the same resolution and height. I really couldn't care less about response time or quality, my current monitor is 30ms and I don't notice any problems. I have narrowed it down to the following monitors, as it seems that Dell is quite cheap:
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=320-4335
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=320-4687
I'd probbably be ok with one large monitor, but I don't like having to resize windows manually and having the bezel right in the middle of dual screens bugs me.

I was planning on running the wide screen on its own graphics card, and the two side screens on something minimal, but I will leave that up to you guys.

I am at a bit of a loss for operating system, I am probbably going to have to use XP or Vista, but I will install Linux on an older computer and see how that goes. Dx 10 compatibility would be a good idea.

The price range is pretty flexible, for the hardware only cost, 2500-3500$us would be preferable.

It will be used for almost everything, from programming to web design, and lots of multitasking, but I don't think its speed requirements will be that high, it will probbably be running eclipse, flash, mysql, a socket server (just for local testing, the old computers do the hosting) and possibly another program most of the time.

So just a quick configuration I have thrown together to get things started (I don't follow hardware all that closely)

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320Gb * 4 (Raid 0+1) = 320$
4Gb Ram (No idea which brand) = ~300$
Intel core 2 Duo E6700 = 340$
Intel BOXD975XBX2KR Motherboard = 250$
Video Cards:
(Preferably quiet, I have no idea what I am looking for here)
Nvidia 8600Gt 256Mb = ~170$ (The secondary card)
Nvidia 8600Gts 256Mb = ~230$ (Overkill? Underkill? Noisy?)
= 1600$

I believe those are the main components, I seem to have undershot my goal, I wasn't sure if I should be going for dual processors or not. The last time I did this was a long time ago so I was a bit shocked when I looked at the prices today.

I was looking at the Lian Li pc V1100 Silent as a case since it looks nice and it has some soundproofing, but again, I'll leave that to your judgment.

wizle

Check Preators sticky in cases he has a passive case there if you want silence that would be the way

I don't need to go completely passive, 30-40Db would be fine, I just don't want a mini hurricane sitting in my room.

Styrak

You could use a single Matrox video card for a 2+ monitor solution.
Not that it would be very good for gaming, but you said that's not a big thing for you and Matrox does multi-display very well.