Need some RAM

M3m0ry

Im looking for a cheap 512 SDRAM. The cheapest i could find is at newegg for 64 bucks, does it come any cheaper?

fultz

For 512MB SDRAM? Probably not, don't forget to make sure the ram you buy is equal to or better than your current rams speed unless you want all your ram speeds to plumit to the depths of computing hell...good luck with that.

Kboy

I got a special offer from TigerDirect.com advertising a one day sale with 512MB DDR SDRAM for only $40 with rebates. If you don't wanna send in rebates though, $64 is about the lowest you'll get. Watch the ads in the paper though, occasionally Best Buy, CompUSA, or Office Max will have good deals, but you have to send in those annoying rebates, lol.

fultz

What's wrong with rebates? I would gladly do a rebate as long as I got my cash back. That's a really good deal, better jump on it.

M3m0ry

hrm

yeah i dont have the money yet, ill look in the ads this week and see what they got, and im just takin out what i have now and puttin the 512 so im good.

Jkeegs

ill sell you 2 256MB sticks 333Mhz which is faster then what you have now... 2 of them would equal a 512... ill do 40 bucks shipped. Interested?

Kboy

fultz said:
What's wrong with rebates? I would gladly do a rebate as long as I got my cash back. That's a really good deal, better jump on it.
nothing's wrong with rebates, but first you have to make sure you have enough money to pay the upfront cost, which could be twice as much as the cost after rebates, and if you're on a tight budget, like i am, forking over $100 is not that easy when I won't get the rebate check for about 6-10 weeks.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Nothin wrong with rebates ... i just dont trust them to "not lose it in the mail" :p