Need to stop another person from using my wireless connection

NI_t3n_IChi_RYU

Ok basically wen we use to have the internet me and my bro shared a wireless connection. Now im paying for it by myself. Hes still got his network card in his computer and ive recently noticed him on the internet in his room. Which i aint aving coz he aint paying a penny for it. I cant take his network out coz he paid for it. Can i enter my routers menu and change something so he cant pick up this signal.

Ive tried changing the Channel (curently set on auto)
Turned off the ESSID thingy

But still no luck as i just found him using it. Wot can i do so that only my card can pick up the signal. Dont suggest WEP coz wen i turn it on i cant pick up the signal. Think its configured wrong, but wen its off i can so im forced to turn off WEP

Thx ppl

TheChef

When you configure the WEP, take down the key and then enter it when you access the network. Why can't you get into the network with WEP? What problem do you have?

I've always set my IP Address manually too. It eliminates confusion.

suprasteve

I had headaches with WEP connecting on occasion too, easiest thing to do would be to filter MAC addresses, find out your wireless MAC and have that as the only one allowed to access the router, if you turn off broadcast and change the SSID that could help too.

When you use WEP, did you make sure you entered the key into the driver for your wireless card? Did you make sure all the settings are the same (ie bits, etc). It should work if the keys are the same.

NI_t3n_IChi_RYU

Ye im a bit confused with the WEP thingy. Ive used the mac address filtering it seems pretty straightfoward. All i gota do is copy my mac address into the boxes and then apply it and enable the filtering. This shud work. Im gona test it out later on. will get back to you if i need to setup WEP

Thx :)