Need Urgent Help - Laptop Charger Died

Krazyshank

I own a refurbished Asus G73. It had a 90-day warranty and that's long gone. So here's my problem: I was on my laptop like normal, and decided to move to another room. I unplugged the charger and when I got to the other room, plugged it in. I didn't notice that it wasn't charging my laptop, and finally it died. Some from the time I moved it to the other room, my charger died. I know it's charger, not my actual socket on my PC because the light on the charger doesn't even come on anymore. I also tested the output of the charger and got 0.
The model of the charger is: ADP-150NB D
It's not available in any stores near me, tried everything. My only option would be Asus themselves or Amazon. I'm leaving for a business trip this Sunday which leaves no time for a packaged delivery.
I've tried disassembling the pack looking for some blown fuses, capacitors, etc, but nothing looks suspicious. Oh, and I also tried another ac cable (the one that plugs the charger into the wall) and that didn't work.
Is there ANY way I can fix this thing? It's expensive as is to get a new one, im willing to try anything since its dead anyway... Thankyou!

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Go to your nearest electronics store and buy a replacement charger, make sure is the same output voltage and amps.

Krazyshank

Go to your nearest electronics store and buy a replacement charger, make sure is the same output voltage and amps.

The problem is that its a 19.5v, 7.7a beast. All three shops I went to had nothing that powerful, not even the universals.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You just may be out of luck with not having time for shipping. What places did you look at?