Need urgent help system affected with virus

Noobtech

Hey guys!

I have window 7 ultimate pre installed from vendor so idont have that dvd,my laptop was running good but after some days laptop starts to shutdown due to overheat and overheat was due to over use of cpu. first i thought it might be fan or hardware problem but when i did the boot scan i knew that its cuz of virus .
every time i start my laptop after some mjnute too many process runs and consume lots of resources then overheat and shutdown cant even use antivirus properly... I have window xp cd and i tryied to install it but after some time blue screen and warning that system might be infected or hardware problem. I am so pissed off now what u guys suggest me to do any help will be very appreciated. I know xp is not safe anymore but i just want to use this laptop for offline purpose

Twinbird24

Have you cleaned out the vents (on the bottom and sides of laptop case) with compressed air?

Is there a sticker somewhere on the laptop with the Windows serial key? Because in that case you could download the install files, burn them to a CD and install Windows 7 Ultimate and use the serial.

Noobtech

Yes i have checked its not fan problem i looked in task manager and some services keep running randomly and using 50-90 cpu and system get iverheated n shutdown . No there is no key i have xp key n cd but not win 7 . Can i delete partition or something so i can easily install xp.. Is there any way to reset harddrive now i dont carr about files i have there .

Twinbird24

Please do not install XP, you will just have more problems. Do you know if there is a recovery partition on your laptop? You can easily check this by clicking on the start globe and selecting "Computer" from the menu, do you see anything with the name "RECOVERY" or something similar under "Hard Disk Drives"?

If not, you can still recovery your serial key even if you do not have it written down or lost the sticker. Please refer to this article on how to do this: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/productkeysactivation/ht/windows-7-key.htm

You can also legally download the install files for Windows 7 Ultimate, or even just a recovery disc for Windows 7 Ultimate. Are you using x64 or x86 version of windows?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What is the name of the service? Can you boot to safe mode with networking and be able to download and run programs? If so, I can help you remove any malware. There should be a sticker on the bottom of the laptop with the key to activate windows 7. We can have you download the correct file and burn to dvd as said previously. You can also extract the cdkey from the current install before reinstalling fresh.

Noobtech

thanks guys! I sorted out the problem. I use belarc to get win 7 key and used the clean cmd to wipe the hard disk. I reinstalled win7 and everything wirking fine but after some day; my laptop started but black screen fan is spining dvd drive is working but black screen .. I googled and found many same topic and tried every troubleshoot but no help.

My laptop:acer 5733z aspire
I tried external monitor but not showing anything there too
Changed cmos battery
Swapped ram slot
Pressed power button to discharge electricity for 1 minute
Removed harddisk,ram etc but no help
I haven't found any remedy for this need help

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like you have a hardware issue. I would take it in to be checked somewhere.