Netbook battery question

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was just wondering,when i use my netbook at home i plug it it into the mains power so it doesnt use the battery,but should i remove the battery so its not constantly charging everytime i use it in the house?

I dont want to shorten the batterys lifespan by keep charging it all the time.

I just put the battery back in when i take it somewhere with me.

bomberboysk

Well, if its going to be plugged in for days at a time then yes, but if its just for 5-6hrs or even a day plugged in, i would just leave the battery in...

speedyink

VIP Member
I take my battery out when it's fully charged and I leave it plugged in. I do this with all my laptops. My 3 year old dell's battery still lasts over 3 hours.

Last edited:

IBM_nut

even though the Lith-ion batteries arent supposed to get a memory they will. you should run your battery till its fully dead before recharging it. if the life ever becomes shortened you can go to a battery guru forum and ask what type of resistor to run across the terminals that will empty it dry. i use a 1K resistor for my Moto Q9m battery and it gave me back the 3 or 4 day lifespan it used to have.

Ya i always plug out my batteries from my netbook so that it does not get over charged and i would suggest everyone to do the same...
138l1310.jpg