Netbook Vs Notebook

james11

hi everyone new to this forum, so i thought i can use this as a base to clear all my questions here(may be some look ridiculous)

but some or other i must know them, if i am coy of learning newthings, i will never learn them in my life.....:p

so finally my question is what is the difference b/w netbook and notebook ?

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Netbooks are tiny, they usually have 10" or smaller screens. Notebooks are bigger, usually have 12" or bigger screens.

mcutra

re

NetBook is a smaller laptop (ex. Acer aspire one) a Notebook is an ordinary laptop (ex. 13inch to 20 or more inches)
So netbooks are more portable than Notebooks

this biggest diffrence out of all of them is

this biggest diffrence out of all of them is that netbooks don't have cd/dvd drives and most weigh around 2 lbs or so.

speedyink

VIP Member
We're missing the obvious fact that notebooks are much more powerful. Netbooks are great for their size though, I couldn't be happier with what I can do with mine.

WhiteFireDragon

netbooks are smaller, much more portable, generally cheaper (price), and intended to only do basic things like word processing, chatting, or surfing the net. hence the name NETbook. 3D games are not playable on these, but they can take light gaming.

notebook is basically the exact opposite, intended for heavier processing power. think of them as a cutdown and portable versions of desktops.

btw, welcome to the forums james :)

sean1.8t

with your average netbook, would you be able to handle a decent college load on it?

such as,

• run windows apps - word, powerpoint, excel, etc?
  • photoshop?
  • dreamweaver?

and having 5 or 6 windows open at a time between internet browsers and applications?

thanks!

PHATSPEED7x

I look at a netbook as the bridge that connects a blackberry, and a laptop together.

I almost bought a netbook when I was looking for a new laptop, but decided against it just because I wanted the optical drive. I bought a nice 14" acer model that is the perfect balance of power, and portability.

clyd3robert

Choosing a good quality gaming laptop can be hard task. So many different brands and makes of laptops to consider - not to mention all the different configurations and factors to deal with - Graphics Chips, RAM, Processors... this article cuts thru all the techno jargon and shows you how to choose the best gaming laptop.

PHATSPEED7x

I'm not a gamer. I just use my notebook for internet access, and simple business task. Plus I manage all my music, and photos with the computer too.