Network for my computer

apesako

Hey guys, i have a question, i just reinstalled windows on my computer but it seems i lost my network (Internet access). Can someone help me to get my network back.. Thank you.)

paratwa

start/run and type cmd. Then once the command window comes up type in ipconfig /renew.

That will renew the ip that your system sees. That should fix it.

paratwa

i really don't know, whats onboard and dedicated card mean on ethernet card?
Onboard means it is actually part of your motherboard and not a card that plugs into your pci slots. Dedicated is one that plugs into your motherboard.

hells3000

do you have the ability to access dial up?

if so go to windows update and download the driver there

that's how I do it..

Jonius

Well, Ithink the problem here is your network card drivers, so try to find the name of the motherboard chipset and hopeful you'll find the model of your Ethernet card.

From there try to find another computer with internet access then try to download that drivers (Hope you can do it --just type the name of the chipset on google+driver+your_os_name). then install it.

I believe you'll get it for free

hells3000

Well, Ithink the problem here is your network card drivers, so try to find the name of the motherboard chipset and hopeful you'll find the model of your Ethernet card.

From there try to find another computer with internet access then try to download that drivers (Hope you can do it --just type the name of the chipset on google+driver+your_os_name). then install it.

I believe you'll get it for free

It's the drivers ....
I have alot of nic cards and I usually get those failed installed msg's
liek I said before add a 56 kbs modem dial up...
and go to windows and it will update any non working hardware
works for me and can be easier than looking for the rigth driver..

CentralViking19

if it is installed into the motherboard, go to your computer manufacturing website, and download and install the driver, if the card is not installed on the computer (it will be about 5-7 inches below the mouse, keyboard, parallel, and maybe USB and video ports) if that is the case you have to get the product number and manufacture and get the drivers from them

if you just bought your computer from like HP, they may have given you a driver CD, you can install all those drivers, i know the two HP's i bought came with them

good luck

Matt_91

Yes, did you build the computer yourself or did you buy it prebuilt? Because CentralViking said you will have probably either gotten a CD from the manufacturer of the computer, or if you built it yourself your motherboard probably came with a driver CD. This will save you having to find a way to download drivers from another computer if you don't have access to them.