Networking Problem

Dyami

My house just recently got high speed threw Comcast.

When they originally put it in, there was only one computer connected on line, but we told the instillation guy that we were going to eventually have multiple computers online.

Now here's where the problem comes up.

I connected our computers threw a hub.

My original plan was to have her computer connected, my computer connected and a third line for switching between a laptop or a Wii, and eventually get a 4th line to just keep both up.

At this point, I have the hub connected, my mums computer, and a second line that I've been trying to get my room connected with.

Her computer can get online (this was also the original computer to get online.)

I've been using the same line to try and get my Wii, Laptop and Computer online; but none of them will get connection. The best I got is the Laptop comes up with limited or no connectivity.

I checked the line and using the line from the hub to my room I was able to get my mums comp online.

I also checked the settings on the stuff in my room, but haven't found anything that would be preventing a connection (though I will admit that I might have missed something)

Is there anything I'm missing or could do.

Encryptor

Simply put, you need a Router to share all your Network devices, unless your ISP allows you to be assigned more than one IP address. Looking at the problems your seeing using a hub/switch it looks like your ISP does not allow you to have multiple IP's, so it's back to you needing a Router that's compatible with ComCast.

Encryptor

Linux rocks the planet...

Last edited: