never ending driver hunt

wolfeking

banned
ok. I have searched the web for 2 days now, and eve used a driver finder software, without avail to find the Drivers for GT540m in XP flavor.

So... Is there anyone on here that knows where I can get XP certified drivers (thats not going to BSOD) for it, or thats a good enough programmer that could mod the 275 drivers to work in XP?

Thanks for any help that you all can provide.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Have you tried using the vista/win 7 32bit drivers? Sometimes vista drivers will work for XP.

wolfeking

banned
Yea. I got a BSOD with the 275.33 driver that is the 32 bit vista/7 driver. I will try again though.

It wont let you install there.
untitled-13.jpg

Last edited:

tremmor

I looked also. Only thing i would suggest is going to the manufacture and click support. Call or email. get er done.

wolfeking

banned
ACER official word is that there is no Windows XP support past the GT400m (GTX400m is not supported). They said that there may be drivers out there, but they were not "officially" supported, and no support would be given for said drivers.

I got a link from Nvidia that I am going to try.
*Tremmor, Nice cable guy reference.

(this is for my reference in XP)
http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I just can't understand why anyone would get rid of windows 7 to put XP on. Now I could understand if it was vista, I hate vista. I'm about ready to give up on my dual boot XP and 7 and just to windows 7.

If there is no support for XP and the GT540m then this should have been realized before the downgrade. Looks like you will be forced to reinstall 7.

wolfeking

banned
I have it dual booting.

I just like the look and feel of XP better than 7. Also, it seems to be way snappier than 7 on this system.

tremmor

I had a problem with 7 at first. i did not like it. The longer i used it the better i like and the more i learned about it. I was using XP Pro and bought 7 Pro.
Bottom line. 7 is a great program.
Just my thought...

wolfeking

banned
The issue the is not that I do not like 7. Its a wonderful OS. Its just not what I need. I need something that will not leave me stranded with my games and apps that I need daily. The windows 7 compatibility mode on these leave much to be desired (mainly just freezes the app). I also prefer to understand my computer fully and not need a translation dictionary on hand. This adds another $200 plus dollars to 7, yet XP can have languages installed right through the installer when your setting it up.

anyways, Nvidia is saying that the Gt540, GT550, and GT555 mobile graphics processors have a core design that is too advanced for Windows XP support. This of coarse is bullshit, cause the GTX580 is windows xp supported in 275.33, and the beta of 275.50 has XP support for the GTX590. So they are saying that teh GT540m is more advanced than the GTX580, fat chance there.

CrayonMuncher

what is it that you have compatibility issues with? ihave only had one issue with a program from like 95 you can always use the XP vm from Microsoft. if 7 is running slower than XP you may want to remove some bloatware or something I found 7 was a massive improvement over XP when I had it on my p4 rig

wolfeking

banned
1. Its a custom program created by my friend that takes a start reading, material scan, and end reading, and calculates the bill for service, then automatically creates a reciept for it.
2. Its a game called Global Operations. Its native to 98. It will install, but not run. Same behavior in Compatibility mode.
3. Game. Hard Truck 18 wheels of steel (98 native). It installs on some 7 systems running in compatibility for 2000pro, but this one it is non operational.
4. its an older (probably older, but 3.1 or 95, cont remember) program that runs to read OBDI codes and tells the error. Also allows for custom programs on it for preformance Compatibility for 95 freezes the input (serial to OBD attaches through a USB to serial converter). It will run in XP though.

as for XP mode, that requires ultimate, so back to that $200 or more upgrade. There is literally no bloat ware installed on the system. the only thing left from the original factory software are the drivers, Adobe reader, and NTI meadia maker (i like its virtual drive better than power ISO).

ktec

1. Its a custom program created by my friend that takes a start reading, material scan, and end reading, and calculates the bill for service, then automatically creates a reciept for it.
2. Its a game called Global Operations. Its native to 98. It will install, but not run. Same behavior in Compatibility mode.
3. Game. Hard Truck 18 wheels of steel (98 native). It installs on some 7 systems running in compatibility for 2000pro, but this one it is non operational.
4. its an older (probably older, but 3.1 or 95, cont remember) program that runs to read OBDI codes and tells the error. Also allows for custom programs on it for preformance Compatibility for 95 freezes the input (serial to OBD attaches through a USB to serial converter). It will run in XP though.

as for XP mode, that requires ultimate, so back to that $200 or more upgrade. There is literally no bloat ware installed on the system. the only thing left from the original factory software are the drivers, Adobe reader, and NTI meadia maker (i like its virtual drive better than power ISO).

how do I send you a PM? If you are willing to use XP Mode I have a solution for you.
edit: i need 20 more posts...email or something?

Last edited:

wolfeking

banned
I am not using XP mode. Its money I don't have to use right now. Plus, if you have been reading this, I dont have ultimate or Professional, thus dont have the equipment to run XP mode.

Right now all of my stuff is working in XP mode except the Nvidia card. I can run my 2 games that dont work in 7 on there on the IPU from teh i3. If I need use of the nvidia card, I can go to 7.

Last edited:

ktec

I am not using XP mode. Its money I don't have to use right now. Plus, if you have been reading this, I dont have ultimate or Professional, thus dont have the equipment to run XP mode.

Right now all of my stuff is working in XP mode except the Nvidia card. I can run my 2 games that dont work in 7 on there on the IPU from teh i3. If I need use of the nvidia card, I can go to 7.

Ok so what I was going to say is, without any warez, hacks, illegal stuff I can provide you with Ultimate...up to you