New and final build...

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Final is final I guess, but I wouldn't go with the ECS motherboard. I've had lots of problems with that brand. Same with Seagate drives.

I checked the power supply and it's suprisingly good. Better than I expected.
16A/18A on the 12v rails.

bigpimp101

yeah I've heard mixed reviews on the Seagate HDD too, but on newegg it had alot of positive feedback. I'm actually getting a different board that the wholesaler suggested to me that was 20 bucks cheaper but I forget the name of it. Thanks though. Oh, and how long do you think it would take to encode a DVD and put it on the disc with this processor?

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I never tried the larger Seagates, but the 160G I had messed up right out of the box. That same week a Seagate drive caused a new Dell not to boot. And it was the original HD. The system was new, just out of the box!

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
I've had a seagate drive for years, no problems. It's just like any other brand, some people have problems and wont touch it, others use them religiously and some people just don't care :)

martyvice

I am using my hard drive off my old computer for my new build, it's a Seagate Barracuda 120GB 7200RPM Ultra DMA Hard Drive, is this good and will it work fine for my new system?

jimmymac

VIP Member
seagate are without a doubt completely sound, i currently have 3 300gb sata drives on mine and i have had absolutely no issue with them. Lately they are the only manufacturer of HDD that i use

Jet

VIP Member
I'm going to be using it to burn DVD's, little bit of gaming, some sound and video editing (already have a sound card), surfing the web, downloading and uploading, and basically just for a major upgrade from my old sytem:

Apevia Case

Mobo

7600 GT!!

core 2 Duo 6600:D

1GB RAM (might upgrade to 2 later on)

Seagate 320GB HDD

CD/DVD combo

DVD Burner

Bump the processor down to the E6300 or the E6400 and spend the money elsewhere, like a better video card, motherboard, etc.