New Asus Laptop Graphical Issues/Monitor

Hsv_Man

A laptop I purchased for someone back in december has returned to me with graphics that look terrible the screen i am looking at now is blue and there are lines running through it all over the place i don't know if this is a graphics card issue or software driver. The laptop is running a Nvidia G Force GT 520mx but i am thinking it's trying to run the onboard intel graphics.

Photo Of The Display With Camera
6patuh.jpg

Screenshot From Laptop
9b9075.png

jamesd1981

Is the screenshot before the problem, or is the problem just on the startup screen and then clears up when you reach the desktop ?

Hsv_Man

Is the screenshot before the problem, or is the problem just on the startup screen and then clears up when you reach the desktop ?

Thanks for the quick reply the problem is happening all the time it is happening right now as i am typing this i have blue lines and a blue screen it is like a cable is loose in the graphics card to monitors connection.

Hsv_Man

Not a new one, and this laptop is currently still under warranty so I don't want to go pulling it apart and risk losing the warranty status.

jamesd1981

Well firstly try the up to date nvidia geforce drivers version 285.58.

I doubt it`s just the drivers when it`s that bad, but worth a shot.

Post back let us know who it goes.

Do you have access to another pc you could use to test the graphics card ?

Hsv_Man

Nah i updated both the intel and Nvidia graphics card drivers already to make sure they weren't the issue i now have a picture of both running hdmi from the laptop to my TV. Looking at this i am pretty sure it's a video card to monitor connection that is the issue.

2nben0n.jpg

jamesd1981

Well the specs i can find are not to specific on connection, it says pci-e 2.0, do you have another pc, even a desktop with a suitable slot to test the card ?

Hsv_Man

Not for a notebook i am pretty sure it is the wires to the monitor that are causing the issue with the laptop and that is why the laptop works fine from an outside source such as the tv through a hdmi cable.

jamesd1981

Well if the display is normal on other connected screens it won`t be the graphics card, you would have to at least loosen the screen and tip it forward to reach the cable connections, but if it is still under warranty maybe you should claim a warranty repair.

Laquer Head

I had a similar issue with an HP laptop, turned out the wires were too tight coming from the monitor under the left side hinge and as it was pulled/pinched the screen would go wonky and shoot strange colors all over the screen.

Not sure if that is anything like what your experiencing but I had to disassemble and re-route the wires so they wouldnt get pinched.