new build, took me a long time to figure out

b3atofang3l

this is my build for christmas:
Case
COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 Mid Tower ATX
$64.99

PSU
Antec TruePower 2.0 TPII-430 Power supply ATX12V 2.01 430 Watt * Support PCI-Express, SATA
$85

CPU
AMD Atholon 64 X2 3800 Socket 939
$349.99

Motherboard
ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Socket 939
$182.99

Memory
Kingsoft 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin Pc 3200
$174.99

Video Card
eVGA Gefore 7800GT 256MB PCI-Ex16 GDDR3
$309.99

Hard Drive
Western Digital Caviar 200GB SATA 3.0GB/s
$69.99

CD/DVD Burner
LG 16X 4167B DVD RW +- Dual Layer (black) (special)
$49.99

Floppy
SONY 1.44MB 3.5" Internal Floppy Drive - free

Total w/o tax - 1287.93 (canadian)
with tax - 1481.12 (canadian)

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
thks

ckfordy

banned
looks like a good build but i would go with 1 gb 2x512mb sticks and a 7800 gtx. but otherwise everything else looks good.

epidemik

where did you get a free floppy drive?

Edit: ram=speed, speed=good. RAM is a big factor in how fast your computer can go. The more ram you have the more your computer can load into the ram

Last edited:

Motoxrdude

epidemik said:
where did you get a free floppy drive?

Edit: ram=speed, speed=good. RAM is a big factor in how fast your computer can go. The more ram you have the more your computer can load into the ram
two things. First, floppys, to me, dont seem all that important, but about once a week or so i found myself i need of one.
epidemik said:
ram=speed, speed=good
Two, can i use that as my signature?

A lot of my buddys say that BF2 loads way faster when they added 1gb ram making a total of 2gb

Last edited:

b3atofang3l

yep yep...i m now confused over mother boards...ppl say i shud use DFI instead >< the computer will b used for games TO certain extent, and mostly performance, multi tasking and PLZ dont let it freeze:(..any suggestions on the motherboard? or is it fine?

shadowfox

Looks great. People feel differently on the mobo though. I remember that the ASUS A8N-SLI deluxe had a problem with the fan but this is the premium.

i.Angel

The DFI is a high performer. It has many BIOS options and is one of if not the better mobo's out on the market right now. I would suggest upgrading your 7800GT to a GTX for the next-gen of gaming... Otherwise everything looks pretty good. Another thing, look for 2 gigs of RAM with better cas latencies. I learned about them last week and got way better RAM.

shupola

Tha Killa said:
If you live in the US, you might find cheaper prices at www.newegg.com. I know that the processor you want is cheaper there.

if he lived in the us, why would he be using canadian dollars to pay for everything??

check first post