New Egg Vs Tigerdirrect

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
They're both good, but Newegg's main warehouse is right in NJ so I usually get my items 1-3 days after ordering. It takes longer from Tiger. Newegg is also a bit cheaper.

claptonman

Depends on the price, I always check both. But for navigating the site, newegg hands down. I have yet to see a site that can narrow down a search like you can on there.

claptonman

Also can't beat their customer service. I bought a cable and the cable inside was the wrong one. I told them and they refunded me, and didn't need to return the cable since it wasn't worth that much. Saved me a whole lot of trouble. Also they found countless rebates that weren't on the product page when I looked for them.

I think they're about equal, but I order from Newegg more because I don't pay sales tax. Tigerdirect has retail stores in Illinois, so I have to pay tax on anything I order. Unless I go to their store for something, Newegg gets my order.

Des_Zac

Newegg for me hands-down, I ordered RAM from them and one stick was faulty, so I sent it back and they replaced them for me and gave me 5 dollars off. And you can't beat their weekly sales and coupons you get when you buy something :D

wolfeking

banned
Also newegg for me. It is hard to find a site that will let you narrow down the results like they do, and customer service seems to be good. Yet to have a problem with anything I have bought from them.

PohTayToez

Newegg is better for customer service by far. I've only had one problem with Tigerdirect customer service but it was a big one. A box was never marked as leaving their warehouse, assumed lost. I was promised an overnight replacement, but it was shipped standard and missed a deadline. When I went to return them the best they would offer me is a $20 credit which didn't even cover the return shipping, and I had to fight with them to even get that.

Newegg on the other hand seems to go quite a bit further to help their customer. They allow advance RMAs on request and will even cover return shipping. On one occasion something arrived damaged and it was clearly their fault (hard drive improperly packaged), they overnighted a replacement and offered me a $25 credit even though I was happy with just the quick replacement.

On the other hand, Tigerdirect occasionally has unbeatable deals on certain items. I find they can be good for low end things like flash drives and cheap routers. They also will have great deals on barebone kits and laptops. Then there is the added bonus that they have a warehouse a little over a hundred miles away. Sometimes I'll orders something late afternoon one day and get it the next morning.

Russ88765

Newegg is my main choice as of now. However, I did find a considerable lower price on a processor at tigerdirect, so I ended up shopping from them just to get that deal. It really varies cause I like the lower price, but part of me is willing to pay the extra bit of cash to get newegg's return policy guarantees.

TankerHC

I like them both (Been dealing with Tiger since they were Tiger Software), but based on only 1 Customer Service experience from each I have to give Newegg the thumbs up. I purchased a liquid cooler from Tiger last November. It came with a bad pump. I sent it back, and it took me three months to get a replacement.

I ordered some RAM from Newegg a couple of months ago, that same night I found some other RAM I wanted instead. Next day I called them and told them, as soon as the RAM came I had the return USP Label in my Email, sent it back that day and 3 days later had my refund back in my bank with no restocking fee.

Last edited:

Machin3

I have like 3 TigerDirect's around me. The only reason why I don't like them is because of sales tax.