New gaming Computer?

SourPower

You could always get an Asus G72 from Bestbuy with the Q9000, overclock it to 2.4ghz with the Asus autooverclocking...

Gets you a GTX 260M, 2.4ghz quad, 6gigs of ram, 17 inch screen... Pretty nice

daisymtc

Athlon IIx4 620 is a quad core
Phenom II x4 955 is a quad core
core i5 750 is a quad core
core i7 920 is a quad core

So , What is your budget?

Stoic Sentinel

Would you think about building it? You could get a better spec computer for better price?
signature_smiley1.jpg
If you dont know how to build it im sure alot of people will be able to help you out with parts etc?

Here's a quick tutorial on how to build a computer (with pictures) if you're interested :D http://www.computerforum.com/104641-how-build-computer-step-step-photos.html And yeah, we'll help you pick out parts.

Razaroth

From cyberpowerpc.com you can buy an I7 for $1000 with a nice GTX 260 in it (no monitor). Also, IBUYPOWER.com seems to have some really good deals if you check them out.

mx344

^ I think the OP, wants to buy not build, so i would say either ibuypower or cyperpower, hey build decent builds, just make sure to get a good power supply they put crappy ones in..

Razaroth

Also, to the asker: Depending on what you decide to do with the computer and how long you want it to be 'effective' for, you might want to consider dual core.

Also agree with linkin. under no situation buy alienware, unless you just want the brand for 2x the price.

Mateo1041

I have a Sager NP8662 and I've heard it's great for the money if you're looking for a portable. Games run great for me, and I can bring it wherever I go.