New MB problems

steel_city82

I just installed a new K8NS Ultra-939. Heres the problem, as soon as i installed it i started the computer up and everything was fine, so i turned it off and hooked up the mouse, speakers, etc. when i turned it back on it went to the screen when it asks if you want to start windows in safe mode or normal mode. Anyone i clicked the windows would start upto the point where its just the windows icon on the screen and the scrolling load bar then it would restart. it did this several times then i decided to shut off the computer and try again. when i turned it back on the stupid thing wouldnt even reconize that the hard drive was hooked up, and it also took five minutes to start up the beginning screen, the one that tells you about the MB and the CPU etc. So i have no clue the hell is wrong, everything is brand new except for the hard drive. Anyone have any idea how to fix this.

alanuofm

VIP Member
steel_city82 said:
I just installed a new K8NS Ultra-939. Heres the problem, as soon as i installed it i started the computer up and everything was fine, so i turned it off and hooked up the mouse, speakers, etc. when i turned it back on it went to the screen when it asks if you want to start windows in safe mode or normal mode. Anyone i clicked the windows would start upto the point where its just the windows icon on the screen and the scrolling load bar then it would restart. it did this several times then i decided to shut off the computer and try again. when i turned it back on the stupid thing wouldnt even reconize that the hard drive was hooked up, and it also took five minutes to start up the beginning screen, the one that tells you about the MB and the CPU etc. So i have no clue the hell is wrong, everything is brand new except for the hard drive. Anyone have any idea how to fix this.

if your hardware is all new, you need to format that hard drive.

Filip

If you didn't formated hd, the old mobo drivers that are installed are causing the error. better format the disk

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I installed the same exact MB as the last one does that still matter.
Ya well once you put a new setup in and try to boot up and fail ... you may or may not (in this case, not) be able to boot if you restore the old motherboard back.