New system build w/ Cosmos S

Scou

Hey I'm building a new gaming system and I have most everything figure out except for one big deal. I'm getting the Cosmos S and I'm trying to figure out what CPU cooler to get with it. I'd like to keep the side fan, which makes it so some tall coolers can't fit. I'm narrowed it down a bit, but I keep getting people saying a cooler fits cause there buddies mother's second cousin got it, but they have no confirmation from the person that got it, or pictures or anything.

So far I KNOW that the Zalmen 9700 fits, and the Noctua NH-C12P fits. The XIGMATEK Dark Knight is one that some people have said fits, but I've got no proof. Also the Thermaltake V1 is in the same boat.

If the Dark Knight fits then I figure I'd go with that. If neither the Dark Knight or the V1 fit then I'll probably go with the 9700.

So any advice on this would be great. Anyone that has the Cosmos S would be really great to hear from. Thanks.

edit: core i7 CPU

Scou

See, the V8 and the Thermalright Ultra 120 are great coolers, but they WON'T FIT in the Cosmos S due to the cases side fan (unless you know something I don't). What I'm trying to figure out is if the Dark Knight or the V1 will fit in the case, or if there's another good cooler that will fit.

just a noob

i don't think so, looking through some pages, it looks like its only a 1mm difference between the dark night and something like the true

Scou

It doesn't seem like it would, but a few people have said yes, but given no real confirmation, so I've been trying to figure out. If it does fit, it fits by millimeters at most. The one thing is the side fan doesn't cover all the cooler area, so sometimes the shape of a cooler makes a difference too. But I guess right now I'll assume it doesn't fit. No reason to buy it and end up wasting money.

Scou

:p lol. Yes, a waterblock would fit. Course, then I wouldn't really need to worry about keeping the side fan anyway. Irony, it is everywhere.

Saddly, due to time, and the fact that I need at least a reasonably mobile computer, water cooling is out of the question for now.

Scou

A lot of people mod the case or remove the fan to get the V8 or the TRUE to fit. Those are the pictures I could find. Thanks for the help, I figure I'll just go with the 9700 since that's one I can guarantee fits.