New Website.

ghost183

Hey everyone, Me and my cousin just put up a new website. Mostly to play flash games on, but we also have a few other cool pages.

Check it out and let us know what you think about it.

www.xliveonline.com

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
I believe that it's against the rules to post links to other sites, especially if you're a new member.

ghost183

I did not read anything in the rules against posting links to other sites. Also I'm posting up my own site to get feedback from other computer enthusiast on future updates/changes to my website.

M1kkelZR

it looks good, but for me using a laptop, i dont think you took in account for widescreen monitors. try adding this into the css style body

background-repeat:repeat-x;

or just make the background bigger in photoshop. id recommend a 2000 pixel width.

Des_Zac

I'll suggest a couple things,

1.) Sort the games out, they're just a jumbled mess right now.

2.) That jailbreak page comes up as a 404 for me, I'd update the link.

3.) I'd get rid of those empty boxes beneath Quote of the Day.

Other than that and what the others suggested it looks pretty nice.

ghost183

it looks good, but for me using a laptop, i dont think you took in account for widescreen monitors. try adding this into the css style body

background-repeat:repeat-x;

or just make the background bigger in photoshop. id recommend a 2000 pixel width.

Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely get to work on that this weekend or as soon as I get some free time.

ghost183

I'll suggest a couple things,

1.) Sort the games out, they're just a jumbled mess right now.

2.) That jailbreak page comes up as a 404 for me, I'd update the link.

3.) I'd get rid of those empty boxes beneath Quote of the Day.

Other than that and what the others suggested it looks pretty nice.

Is there any specific way you would sort the games out?

The reason we get a 404 error for the jailbreak/root page is because my cousin was writing the code for those pages, and he hasn't had time to upload them so they should be uploaded soon.

The two empty boxes under the quote of the day are setup to display google advertisements as soon as they approve our site for them. It's going to take a few weeks until anything will appear there.

ghost183

Also we have had a few people using google chrome complain that while playing games on the site that the "facebook fan page" would do a type of overlay on the game and the player will have a block cover the game in the top right corner. Is anyone else having this problem?

wolfeking

banned
if your cousin is writing the code currently I would do 1 of 2 things.
1. Hide/Remove the link until the code is done.
2. Put a coming soon message either on the welcome page, or on the Jailbreak page, until such time as the code is done.

This will make the site seem more up to date/ finished than just a 404 error.

On the organization, I would suggest A category style. Like some kind of category basis like "war", "car" or something. It just looks careless at the moment.