New Xbox revealed!

salvage-this

settings might enhance the experience but it is not the end all of whether or not you are gaming.

are you playing a game? yes. you are gaming.

/end stupid gaming vs not gaming argument.

PCunicorn

I spent roughly $350 on my PS3. I spent roughly $500 on my old PC. Which played games in higher settings? The $500 PC. Yes, its $150 more. But, i spent less then $100 on game
s for my PC and have better and more games then the PS3 with $200 on games. And, what are you talking about wuth res? The average PC gamers res is 1080p, and thats the same with a console.
Look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocVyrtcTpHw

Also:
http://n4g.com/news/866997/battlefield-3-pc-on-low-is-console-settings-says-dice#c-5952993
Well I guess you are not "GAMING" on a console with BF3.

jonnyp11

settings might enhance the experience but it is not the end all of whether or not you are gaming.

are you playing a game? yes. you are gaming.

/end stupid gaming vs not gaming argument.

It's like saying old games arent games because they dont look pretty, or a new game that sucks is better than half life because it's prettier

PCunicorn

There is one pciture to describe us:
2437640-7826621175-Glori.png

Punk is the dirty console peasant

Okedokey

I spent roughly $350 on my PS3. I spent roughly $500 on my old PC. Which played games in higher settings? The $500 PC. Yes, its $150 more. But, i spent less then $100 on game
s for my PC and have better and more games then the PS3 with $200 on games. And, what are you talking about wuth res? The average PC gamers res is 1080p, and thats the same with a console.
Look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocVyrtcTpHw

This is false logic. You're assuming that everytime someone wants to play the latest games, they have to upgrade or throw out their pc. BS. They take out an old graphics card (e.g. GTX560ti) and get $100 for it on ebay, and spend a further $200 (every 2 years) to have $300 graphics card which will own any console.

Also most games are rendered in 780p or lower and are upscaled to 1080p (requireing an expenesive HDMI cable). Most (if not all) don't. Even then you're at 30FPS which is poo.

Hyper_Kagome

Really? Really? See this is what I don't like about PC enthusiasts. Thinking they're better and above everyone and everything else.

I play on consoles AND PC. Consoles I enjoy for simplicity and more choice. Computers I like for their own exclusives.

Gaming is gaming. Simple as that. Who cares about graphics?
I happen to love LOVE LOVE Corpse Party, a PSP game, which is only 16 bit in graphics.

Also, thank you Troncoso. Thank you thank you.

Okedokey

Really? Really? See this is what I don't like about PC enthusiasts. Thinking they're better and above everyone and everything else.

I play on consoles AND PC. Consoles I enjoy for simplicity and more choice. Computers I like for their own exclusives.

Gaming is gaming. Simple as that. Who cares about graphics?
I happen to love LOVE LOVE Corpse Party, a PSP game, which is only 16 bit in graphics.

Also, thank you Troncoso. Thank you thank you.

You're on a Computer Forum. lol Who cares about graphics? We do. Thats why the guys talk about it and spend coin on it.

Hyper_Kagome

You're on a Computer Forum. lol Who cares about graphics? We do. Thats why the guys talk about it and spend coin on it.

I'm aware of where I am, thanks. I'm plenty capable of reading. And I care/don't care. I can care about graphics enough to appreciate 16bit right up to maxed graphics on a top line PC.

It never hurts to keep horizons open.
And it's more than just a 'guy' thing.

Okedokey

Lol playing the gender card really? In most english speaking cultures 'guys' is a collective term for everyone, like how are you guys?, etc etc. Give me a break. Also, i would estimate that 99% of the people here are male. But anyway ive already tried to take the personal approach out of this.... sheesh.

Secondly consoles are an absolute blight on the gaming community, holding back innovation and graphics quality for years. So if you're defending multinational billion dollar companies, you wont get sympathy from me.

im just happy they've moved to x86, because within days of release someone will have it running windows and then it will just be a computer that you cannot upgrade easily. Consoles are boat anchors on the gaming community, have been for ages.

and finally... in regards to your sig, i lol'd hard at that. EVERY pom ive met wants to live in Australia, hahahha, prison my arse - we truly are the most free culture in history - theres a reason why its called the lucky country.

Last edited:

Punk

Staff member
This is false logic. You're assuming that everytime someone wants to play the latest games, they have to upgrade or throw out their pc. BS. They take out an old graphics card (e.g. GTX560ti) and get $100 for it on ebay, and spend a further $200 (every 2 years) to have $300 graphics card which will own any console.

Also most games are rendered in 780p or lower and are upscaled to 1080p (requireing an expenesive HDMI cable). Most (if not all) don't. Even then you're at 30FPS which is poo.

Exactly, that's AT LEAST 200$ every two year to keep a computer up to date. Can't say the same about consoles...

I bought a 550$ computer two years ago and I can't play some games that came in 2010 like Crisys or L.A. Noire because my graphic card isn't good enough. GTA IV, Just Cause 2 are horrible to play in low res. A console (PS3 or Xbox360) would play all of them easily.

This just shows how intelligent you are...

jonnyp11

Exactly, that's AT LEAST 200$ every two year to keep a computer up to date. Can't say the same about consoles...

I bought a 550$ computer two years ago and I can't play some games that came in 2010 like Crisys or L.A. Noire because my graphic card isn't good enough. GTA IV, Just Cause 2 are horrible to play in low res. A console (PS3 or Xbox360) would play all of them easily.

This just shows how intelligent you are...

i built mine just over a year ago for 5-600, and it is still maxing almost everything at 1440*900 and it is stronger than the One sso it should go for a while longer

Troncoso

VIP Member
i built mine just over a year ago for 5-600, and it is still maxing almost everything at 1440*900 and it is stronger than the One sso it should go for a while longer

You very clearly don't understand the difference in architecture and how the hardware is used.

Darren

Staff member
Guys, it's a computer forum. You have to be idiots to not understand why we are defending Pcs.

Just because you support computers doesn't mean you have to be an ass about it and total oblivious to the fact that keeping a gaming ready computer consistently running for 7 years is going to cost you more than a console. Plain and simple. The cost comes with perks like better graphics and cheaper games, but you'd be lying if you think a gaming PC is going to be cheaper than a console for the same quality for that period of time.

Punk

Staff member
just because you support computers doesn't mean you have to be an ass about it and total oblivious to the fact that keeping a gaming ready computer consistently running for 7 years is going to cost you more than a console. Plain and simple. The cost comes with perks like better graphics and cheaper games, but you'd be lying if you think a gaming pc is going to be cheaper than a console for the same quality for that period of time.

thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnk youuuuuu!

Okedokey

Just because you support computers doesn't mean you have to be an ass about it and total oblivious to the fact that keeping a gaming ready computer consistently running for 7 years is going to cost you more than a console. Plain and simple. The cost comes with perks like better graphics and cheaper games, but you'd be lying if you think a gaming PC is going to be cheaper than a console for the same quality for that period of time.

Which is the same as saying, consoles which are sub par on release, only get updated every 7 years, so the $400 or $500 you spend on your console is immediately obsolete and you will be forced to suffer for 7 years of crappy graphcis, restricted HUD and expensive games.

Oh ok, yes you're right. What were we thinking?

Darren

Staff member
Which is the same as saying, consoles which are sub par on release, only get updated every 7 years, so the $400 or $500 you spend on your console is immediately obsolete and you will be forced to suffer for 7 years of crappy graphcis, restricted HUD and expensive games.

Oh ok, yes you're right. What were we thinking?

Uhm. What.

Your sentence is so convoluted I can't quite understand what you're trying to say. But I'll attempt to respond.

How is a console obsolete on launch? Obsolete to what? A gaming computer? Not really. You spend 400 (hell even 500) dollars on a gaming computer at the release date of the new PS4 and I can guarantee you for starts it won't perform as well or look as good as console, and also 6 years down the line at the end of it's life time the computer will be limping along trying to keep up while the console will be still playing new releases just fine.

Yes a good computer will always have better graphics than a console, but it's also a helluva lot more expensive in the first place to get there and expensive to maintain. Yes a PC has cheaper games but that's a function of how they're distributed more than anything else. As for your HUD comment that's really hit and miss depending on the game.

-Sincerely an avid PC gamer

PCunicorn

I'm not. I started fine, it's them who are being oblivious lol.

Punk

Staff member
I'm not. I started fine, it's them who are being oblivious lol.

Hmm you haven't grown up a bit. Still the same Byteninja we knew.

This discussion is like two people talking but not listening.

"Yeah graphics can be awesome on computers but it's definitely more expansive to keep it up than consoles"
Answer:

"Yeah computers are better the graphics are better on PC than on consoles".